Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer

Best trailer of any game.. I have ever seen. I'm tempted to buy a new gaming rig for this game. Bioware MMORPG= Godsend. Should blow Wow away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs...feature=relmfu

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 06-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer

ya the trailer is awesome. You won't need a new rig to run this game though. The graphics aren't hardware intensive. The ingame graphics certainly won't be like the cinematic trailer (not made by bioware).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
ya the trailer is awesome. You won't need a new rig to run this game though. The graphics aren't hardware intensive. The ingame graphics certainly won't be like the cinematic trailer (not made by bioware).

I ran Wow without problems (besides in Dalaran and in big raids). Should I be fine then? I have a laptop so it's not upgradeable.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I ran Wow without problems (besides in Dalaran and in big raids). Should I be fine then? I have a laptop so it's not upgradeable.

If you can run WoW, you can run SWTOR. You probably won't be able to max graphics... but MMO's really aren't about graphics (at least not for me).
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
If you can run WoW, you can run SWTOR. You probably won't be able to max graphics... but MMO's really aren't about graphics (at least not for me).

Plus it probably won't be overcrowded like Wow at least for the first year or two.. so my Frame rates should be much better than Wow at it's worst. I played Wow at Low-Medium settings. Like you said.. I didn't lose any experience from downgrading the graphics etc. Not a big deal.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Plus it probably won't be overcrowded like Wow at least for the first year or two.. so my Frame rates should be much better than Wow at it's worst. I played Wow at Low-Medium settings. Like you said.. I didn't lose any experience from downgrading the graphics etc. Not a big deal.

Don't underestimate the hype around this game. I'm guessing somewhere around 1.5-2 million the first month of launch, and another 1-2 million over the course of a year. Bioware and Star Wars both have a large contingent of fanboys.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Don't underestimate the hype around this game. I'm guessing somewhere around 1.5-2 million the first month of launch, and another 1-2 million over the course of a year. Bioware and Star Wars both have a large contingent of fanboys.

Even so... I'm willing to bet they don't crack the 10 million Wow players even within 2 years. Most Star Wars fanatics are older folks who don't play video games, unlike the Wow crowd. Not saying none play video games but if you watch the Star Wars conventions it's not a bunch of 20 year old gamers. It's guys and ladies who saw Star Wars in theaters and are hooked. They collect memorabilia and wear costumes.. I don't see them playing an MMO.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 06-07-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Im gettin it and Im one of those fans that people think wont be getting it..

alot of older star wars fans will get into this stuff just to get a taste of the story.. I didnt play RPG before I played kotor I & II.. Ive never played MMORPG but I'll be playing it when this comes out... sh*t looks too good not to cop it
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone interested in the game should check their website out. It looks fantastic.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

ChandlerParsons has an OK reputation so far

Guild Wars 2 will be the best MMORPG this year.. or whatever year it comes out in.

I am hyping this game even it gets horrible reviews
go guild wars
gw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sw
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #11
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Been waiting for this game for so long, and will still continue to. Just need a bloody release date!!!!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Even so... I'm willing to bet they don't crack the 10 million Wow players even within 2 years. Most Star Wars fanatics are older folks who don't play video games, unlike the Wow crowd. Not saying none play video games but if you watch the Star Wars conventions it's not a bunch of 20 year old gamers. It's guys and ladies who saw Star Wars in theaters and are hooked. They collect memorabilia and wear costumes.. I don't see them playing an MMO.

I use to play Star Wars Galaxies when it first came out and that game was way more more crowded than WoW. Sometimes you had to queue for an hour just to log in.
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #13
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Best trailer of any game.. I have ever seen. I'm tempted to buy a new gaming rig for this game. Bioware MMORPG= Godsend. Should blow Wow away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs...feature=relmfu
I was with you until they showed off some gameplay at e3, and it put all of my enthusiasm on pause. Tank, Healer and Damage roles with a default ui that looks an awful lot like WoW. Companion characters are a fresh way to open up the game for people who are more single player oriented. Still, I don't see enough innovation in the game; it isn't for me.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this will be the first MMORPG i'll ever buy.

love KOTOR and Bioware rpgs too much not to this out.

KOTOR1 and 2 might be, scratch that, IS my favorite saga in Star Wars universe. Best story
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

http://www.1up.com/news/crysis-2-pul...valve-to-blame

Steam is no longer an option for TOR. Bold move by EA to push their Origin digital download platform with such a highly anticipated release. This should really increase their digital customer base by allowing pre-loading to be ready to play the game at launch which holds obvious advantages over retail purchase.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: