Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default TRADE! Raymond Felton to Blazers, Rudy Fernandez to Mavs, Andre Miller to Nuggets

The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired guard Raymond Felton from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for guard Andre Miller, while sending Rudy Fernandez and Petteri Koponenís NBA rights to Dallas as part of a three-team trade. The Trail Blazers selected guard Nolan Smith with the 21st overall pick in the first round, and guard Jon Diebler with the 51st overall pick in the second round.

Portland also acquired the draft rights to Jordan Hamilton (taken 26th overall) and Tanguy Ngombo (taken 57th overall) from Dallas for Fernandez and Koponen. Hamiltonís rights were then sent to Denver as part of the Felton trade and Portland is currently in discussions to trade Ngomboís rights.

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7859
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: TRADE! Raymond Felton to Blazers, Rudy Fernandez to Mavs, Andre Miller to Nuggets

I see what you did there Jeff.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: TRADE! Raymond Felton to Blazers, Rudy Fernandez to Mavs, Andre Miller to Nuggets

Felton = Overrated.

Expect Charlotte production.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #4
dbronx42
Decent playground baller

dbronx42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Felton = Overrated.

Expect Charlotte production.

That's pretty much what we got here in Denver after he was traded here... He was obviously meant for the Knicks system, and him getting traded for New York was devastating to his career IMO. He was a borderline All Star before the Melo deal.

Cant believe how hard the Nuggets owned this deal... Andre Miller will be the perfect backup for Ty Lawson, and in the meantime they also got
Kenneth Faried and Jordan Thompson is the draft. Masai Ujiri strikes again!
dbronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

yeah I don't know how good Felton's going to be in slow-ass Portland
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #6
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Felton's a good player. He's a very good defender when he has the energy, that will work in Portland. He's a better shooter than Miller, though I don't know how they stack up in terms of playmaking. He was improving in New York.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Nolan Smith isn't productive, then this draft day was not good for the Blazers. We need a big that can rebound, so Faried would have been great. I just can't believe it took Andre, Rudy, and Koponen to get just Felton and the 57th pick who will most likely never play in the NBA. I'm ok with getting younger from Andre to Felton, but we should have at least got to keep Hamilton for Rudy and Koponen. Oh well, part of me is just happy that Rudy is gone regardless, though I still think we should have got something for him.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Felton's a good player. He's a very good defender when he has the energy, that will work in Portland. He's a better shooter than Miller, though I don't know how they stack up in terms of playmaking. He was improving in New York.

DO you think its suspect he improve in D-Antoni's offence then dropped off again in a 'standard' offence?

I agree he is a better shooter than Miller, I just dont believe he is as good as what he played in NY where he had no accountability and just played at high pace.

Maybe Portalnd are going uptempo?

THey certainly could with that cattle.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:50 AM   #9
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

I understand that Andre Miller is old and has to be replaced by a younger guard. Perhaps Felton is the best Portland can get for him.

How good is Raymond Felton anyway? His stats seem so average all around.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 AM   #10
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

helpful trade for all i think. i've always been a big andre miller fan but with the status of b-roy, they need a bit more of a scoring PG. miller should be able to mentor lawson and it looks like denver is ready to be fully behind lawson. rudy's a really inconsistent shooter but he should fit in at dallas. plus, he's certainly an upgrade to peja. dallas doesn't have the patience to wait on rooks and they need to win now.

the only caveat is hamilton who i think can end up being as good as prime richard jefferson. if hamilton is going to be as good as i think he might, denver wins in the long run.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Sheed
Serious playground baller

Sheed has an OK reputation so far

Finally, Raymond is back to his starting position. This dude puts up fantastic numbers
Sheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
DO you think its suspect he improve in D-Antoni's offence then dropped off again in a 'standard' offence?

I agree he is a better shooter than Miller, I just dont believe he is as good as what he played in NY where he had no accountability and just played at high pace.

Maybe Portalnd are going uptempo?

THey certainly could with that cattle.
I think just about everybody improves in D'Antoni's offense; he's an offensive coach. His production in Denver was lessened because it's a different offense (presumably, I don't really know the ins and outs), he was splitting time/duties with Ty Lawson, and he was probably a little pissed. His biggest problems in New York were learning the pick and roll, which he was getting better at, and his decision making, which he was also improving. I thought his conditioning was a little off, which affected his energy (which shows up first defensively), but maybe he just looks pudgy.

He's a good player. Good at breaking down Ds and getting into the paint, good shooter. And when he zeroes in on defense he can be a real pitbull. Really bother the hell out of you. I thought his D against Rose was one of the primary reasons the Knicks beat them twice last season.

I'd much rather have Felton back than Chucker Billups.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #13
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Portland really needs a point guard who has speed and can get to the basket.

That said, Andre Miller is going to drop off this year, like Mike Bibby did last year, so Felton is a definite upgrade.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #14
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Mozgov/Bird/Koufos
Nene/Faried
Gallinari/Chandler
Afflalo/Hamilton
Lawson/Miller

How does this team finish in the regular season and how far can it go in the playoffs?
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #15
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
Mozgov/Bird/Koufos
Nene/Faried
Gallinari/Chandler
Afflalo/Hamilton
Lawson/Miller

How does this team finish in the regular season and how far can it go in the playoffs?

Since Miller's contract is non-guaranteed, he probably will get swapped out again or simply waived so Denver can save money. Wouldn't be surprised to see Miller get moved for a big.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: