Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Heat to chase Sam Dalembert, Shane Battier

Those are two target players for Miami.

More details: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8014
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Heat to chase Sam Dalembert, Shane Battier

I don't really get why they would want Battier, yeah of course he's a solid defender but with Lebron playing 42~ minutes a game being a very solid defender himself aswell, Wade and Bosh to play 40 a game.. Haslem and Miller trying to get theirs.. Where does he fit in?

Seems to me they just need a center..
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Dalembert will ask for more than MLE... I'm not sure the Heat can afford him
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

No chance, unless the Heat offer them a 15 year contract.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
LastEpisode
I brick open layups

LastEpisode is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Of course they'll be needing a solid SF once they trade LeBron..
LastEpisode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
ICanDunk
I really can!

ICanDunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
I don't really get why they would want Battier, yeah of course he's a solid defender but with Lebron playing 42~ minutes a game being a very solid defender himself aswell, Wade and Bosh to play 40 a game.. Haslem and Miller trying to get theirs.. Where does he fit in?

Seems to me they just need a center..
They need a small forward who acts like a veteran to start. Maybe he can teach Lebron some things too.
ICanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
Dalembert will ask for more than MLE... I'm not sure the Heat can afford him

He can ask for it, but who will give it to him?

Kings- "Would like to keep him", but have Cousins obviously
Pacers - Hibbert is their man
Wizards - Will have around 7-8 million. Also have McGee
Clippers - Jordan/Kaman, also their clearly need a SF.
Nets - Brook Lopez is their guy, they need their space to sign a 2nd option type guy at least in order to keep DWill.
Thunder - Perkins/Ibaka etc
Raptors - Bargnani/Valanciunas etc

Basically the only teams in a position to make an offer exceeding the MLE to Dalembert are the Kings, the Wizards and the Pacers. These teams all have legitimate starting C's better than Dalembert. They also all are young teams who are focused on development. Will they break the bank to sign a 30yo starting center to a 24+ million dollar deal?

Not going to happen.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
ImmortalD24
Banned

ImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation here

Battier showed us vs the Spurs (and Manu in particular) that he still has something left. Every team could use a glue guy like him.

Dalembert.. he's ok I guess. A bit of a bonehead at times though.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am hopeful that Shane Battier does not join the dark side. I am a fan of his.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shane is not going to the Heat ... MemPh hada great season , and with a playoff appearance he retires as a Grizz
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Basically the only teams in a position to make an offer exceeding the MLE to Dalembert are the Kings, the Wizards and the Pacers. These teams all have legitimate starting C's better than Dalembert. They also all are young teams who are focused on development. Will they break the bank to sign a 30yo starting center to a 24+ million dollar deal?

Not going to happen.

Sign and trade, though?
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hopefully they don't get either, i think both guys could get allot more $$$ somewhere else
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
Sign and trade, though?

Possibly, but even then what team is looking into his services at those prices? I'm guessing the Miami, Portland, Boston and maybe SA.

Bottom line is that I'm thinking Dalembert will have to settle for the MLE.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
game3524
Local High School Star

game3524 has an OK reputation so far

I can tell you from first hand exp. that Sammy is a bum.....but he is still a better rebounder then Anthony.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Battier heads to Boston.

And Dalembert sucks anyways.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: