Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Timberwolves interview Terry Porter for coaching job

The AP reports:

Terry Porter spent 17 seasons in the NBA as a point guard, a two-time All-Star who helped Portland reach the NBA finals and was regarded as one of the smartest players at his position.

With helping Ricky Rubio make the transition from Spain to the United States one of David Kahn's biggest priorities, it's no wonder that Porter was the first person to get a formal interview for the Minnesota Timberwolves coaching vacancy.

A person with knowledge of the meeting told The Associated Press that Porter interviewed on Monday. The person requested anonymity because the team was not commenting publicly on the search process.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/67...aching-vacancy

---

First Kahn visitor is terry Porter a slow tempo coach , doesn't make sense.

If he needs a coach to assist their young PG core , hire Porter as an Assistant ,,, not a head coach.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-19-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Porter visits Wolves

Porter was horrible with Phoenix. No way would I put him anywhere near that team as a head coach (but would be great as defensive assistant).
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

WT? I agree with the other two comments. I would put Porter as an assitant coach. Head coach? No way.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
shaq's--lakers
High school junior varsity star

shaq's--lakers has an OK reputation so far

Porter can coach.

In Phoenix he had a confrontation with Nash, about him Gambling all the time on Defense............

And That's a Big No No with the Suns, never talk about Nash's defense in Az

Last edited by shaq's--lakers : 07-18-2011 at 10:06 PM.
shaq's--lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

you know Porter sux when Steve nash and grant hill quits on him and its the only Nash-Amare team to not make the playoff
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Kahn
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: Timberwolves interview Terry Porter for coaching job

Twolves would be lucky to get Nelly instead of all these defensive generic scrubs
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
you know Porter sux when Steve nash and grant hill quits on him and its the only Nash-Amare team to not make the playoff

This is wrong though, Amare was injured for most part of the season. And they just signed shaq and they hadn't made up their minds on the type of game they were going to play. i.e run and gun or slow pace.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
This is wrong though, Amare was injured for most part of the season. And they just signed shaq and they hadn't made up their minds on the type of game they were going to play. i.e run and gun or slow pace.

u sure Amare wasn't playing? i would've sworn he was. and i believe they had made their mind up on slow down when they hired him, in fact i think they had their mind made up after failing the previous year.

i know the players hated it, including Nash. they looked so awful in a slow down offense it was a complete failure. i've never seen a professional organization look so amateur in how they run their club
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Yeah no.
Stat was injured in the last half of the season and it was Shaqs first full season with Phoenix.
Porter knew exactly how he wanted the team to play, slow half court offense, all geared to giving Shaq the ball. THAT is what pissed off the rest of the team, mostly Nash and Stat.
If he learnt that you have to use the strengths of your roster as a whole not choose a system that's good for one guy and terrible for everyone else he could be a good coach.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #11
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Timberwolves interview Terry Porter for coaching job

This morning on the news iheard Porter got the job ..

I'll find the source (it appears my local radio news was way off)
Woodson next then Nellie // Kahn wants to interview several coachs

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/125819318.html

Last edited by Jasper : 07-19-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: