Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Brandon Roy still trying for comeback, lacks lift in knee but feels good

Here's the latest on what's up with Brandon Roy, who yesterday sat out the big charity game in Seattle because he's focused on long-term health for his knees:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8058
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Brandon Roy still trying for comeback, lacks lift in knee but feels good

It's actually pretty sad that a 26 year old (Roy) and a 22 year old (Oden) have to make "come backs". You'd think these guys would be in their athletic prime right now. Two of my favorite players currently in the L
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brandon Roy still trying for comeback, lacks lift in knee but feels good

It's just sad to see a guy go from being a legit star to being a role player in a matter of years and he's only 26

I really hope he can bounce back. He's one of my favorite players
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Remember back then when Roy was the 3rd best SG in the league?

Yeah.... Good ole days...
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really hope he gets back healthy.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Remember back then when Roy was the 3rd best SG in the league?

Yeah.... Good ole days...

Yeah, the good ole days of a year and half or two years ago.

I'm confident that Brandon can make a comeback in the league and at least be somewhat of what he used to be.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

He sure didn't show a decline in that playoff game against the world champs.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He'll probably never be the same,some games he'll look like a srub,but then some games he looks like his oldself ie: That denever game,the epic comeback against dallas
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Ths guy was a 21+/4+/4 player just a year ago. Doubt he'll be the same, which is a shame. Could have been one of the all-time greats, but won't through no fault of his own.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

The problem is, Roy isn't just going to spontaneously regrow the missing parts of his knee. He's not going to "get better" barring some sort of surgical intervention (and I'm shocked there doesn't seem to be something out there for him. We can reconfigure inkjets to print functioning livers, for ****'s sake). He has to reconfigure his game to function without athleticism. He has to turn into Larry Bird, and that's a tall order.

Greg Oden actually has an easier road ahead of him. He could come back close to what he's supposed to be.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: