Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How old will you be when stop/slow down playing, getting new games, reading reviews

when will you be "too old"

never! I guess . . . right?
if your brain is still functioning. .then why couldn't you be playing Modern Warfare 45 when you're 60 years old.
I know some of us are in our 30's. (Even late 30's) In ten years when you're 45 or 48..do you see yourself still being as interested. I don't see why not, what do you guys think your view on this will be into your 40's and 50's and so on..

It seems possible but I just don't know anybody over 45 who is an actual gamer.
They are out there but are these people successful? to much time on their hands..? never grew out of it?

any thoughts?
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Lucifer
Banned

Lucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputation
Default Re: How old will you be when stop/slow down playing, getting new games, reading reviews

I grew up playing games. Stopped from 18-22, then got back into it. games are shifting towards a more adult audience, and video game consoles are becoming multimedia devices so i don't think i'll ever stop playing games. i'll definantly slow it down again, but ill play the popular games.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How old will you be when stop/slow down playing, getting new games, reading reviews

When I turn 30.....I'm out!
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
When I turn 30.....I'm out!

^^

no.

serious glide.

answer. the. question.
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I have thought about it and 10 years ago I thought I'd stop in my 30s, but as Lucifer said, games are definitely aimed at an older audience now. Probably in my 40s is my answer. I have a Bad Company 2 buddy who's in his 40s who has over 300 hours logged.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never. I've slowed down with the amount of gaming I do but the occasional title comes along that has me hooked like when I first played Metal Gear Solid.

A great story with gameplay can be better entertainment than some films.

There's nothing wrong with playing games just don't get obsessed.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i stoped on console gaming (where i go buy them myself) but will play if at a friends house or sumthing but i am more pc gaming now
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know why I would all of a sudden stop after 30+ years.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Turning 30 at the end of the year and have slowed down considerably.

But thinking about the amount of quality of games I bought 10 years ago I'd say its been a big change. Back then I get games because I had nothing else to play. Now I only buy games when there's a real good game out there (except 2K. I have to get 2K every year).
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

I dont think I will been playing since I was 7 Im 31 now, Ive slowed down now I really only play sports games and FPS's But I dont think ill ever quit outright
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been playing since I was like three. I dont see why I would stop entirely but I have been slowing down considerably since 15. It seems that I've developed a more casual style when it comes to gaming, a complete contrast from the 10 year old who used to spend the majority of the time on his computer playing Rouge Spear
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gaming has always been a part of my life, it's one of my hobbies and passions. Can't see myself ever stopping really!

I mean maybe if I meet a girl, settle down, have kids etc, I'll slow down, but I wouldn't let anything or anyone make me completely stop, no way in hell.

Basically, only my life circumstances may mean time for gaming becomes more limited. But even then, I wouldn't ever intend to stop.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Gaming has always been a part of my life, it's one of my hobbies and passions. Can't see myself ever stopping really!
Exactly.

Gaming is my hobby and I enjoy doing it. I don't think there is an age expiration date on that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I go through cycles. Sometimes I play a lot of games, but sometimes I go six months to a year without playing any. Right now I play almost everyday.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I stopped playing games from the age of 18 until 20. Back when 2K11 came out, I got back into gaming. Idk when I'll stop playing video games, but I do know a day will come when I'll pass up the opportunity to play a game one day & it'll slowly lead to the end of my gaming days.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: