Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Vince Carter makes massive donation to UNC

Vince just gave back to UNC in a big way:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8164

What do you think of the most when you think of Vince Carter's career?

And, how much do you think he has left?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Lucifer
Banned

Lucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Vince Carter makes massive donation to UNC

I wonder how much he's donating to help humanity

And VC, if not considered a star/1st option, has plenty left in him. Dude's a natural talent and the ultimate role player now.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

being from Toronto there's a lot to pick from

my favourite game was when he dropped 47 on the bucks after getting snubbed by team USA for Ray Allen. They'd put him on the team eventually but that was the game that put him on the map

there's always the events during and prior to the 2001 ECSF Game 7, but i wont speak on that

in case you don't know which game i speak of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVcVs7bJ63g

massive dunk at the end
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

All I can do is
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1eAri_JjA
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

VC got scrilla.
Noob Saibot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Good stuff. Doesn't matter what the motivation is, a donation to an alma mater is a donation regardless and will lead to improvements to the school that are tangible and will last a long-time.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First, I've been a huge Vince Carter fan throughout his NBA career, so I'm happy to see him make a contribution to a cause he found to be worthy. I think we can always be like "Pish, call me when he donates to starving children in Africa." But I'm cool with him sharing a portion of his large sum of money with something that is close to him (the North Carolina community). His donation will seemingly ease the financial burden amongst whoever was originally slated to cover $2.5 million of that cost. So I think it's a pretty cool gesture. Even for millionaires, $2.5 million is a lot money.

It probably goes without saying, but when I think of Vince Carter, I think of his spectacular dunks. I wasn't even a fan of his in college. As far as I knew, he was just Antawn Jamison's wingman. But the minute I saw that double pump reverse against Chris Mullin and Indiana his rookie year, I was hooked. It was a strange play because essentially I'd never seen anything like it. From there on out, for the following ten years, I was watching Sportscenter highlights whenever possible just to see what new, insane dunk he may have executed the night before.

I don't know how much he has left in his tank though. It's weird to see him still dunking with such ease (particularly in the offseason). It makes me think there's still something left. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I still hold out hope every night that he might provide a flashback finish.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

vince gives back to the community

when he was in Toronto he put up a brand new ball court in Dixon, he did christmas drives and would give away hundreds of thousands of dollars in presents a years at christmas

he did way more than his fair share for the youth and it was all out of his own pocket

i still hate on him for leaving but for those who are saying he shouldve donated it elsewhere im shocked because I know the kind of human being he was off the court.

few people know this but he actually bought a bigger house for his mom in Toronto than he bought himself.

Vince is a good guy, this donation is only one of the many good things he's done with his money
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
vince gives back to the community

when he was in Toronto he put up a brand new ball court in Dixon, he did christmas drives and would give away hundreds of thousands of dollars in presents a years at christmas

he did way more than his fair share for the youth and it was all out of his own pocket

i still hate on him for leaving but for those who are saying he shouldve donated it elsewhere im shocked because I know the kind of human being he was off the court.

few people know this but he actually bought a bigger house for his mom in Toronto than he bought himself.

Vince is a good guy, this donation is only one of the many good things he's done with his money
Cool to hear. Always awesome to hear that type of thing about players.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Funny this came up today. A buddy and I were watching the 2000 Dunk Contest yesterday....that's what i'll remember VC by 20 years down the road.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
RobertdeMeijer
Serious playground baller

RobertdeMeijer has an OK reputation so far

From my experience, young French men these days are more likely to know Vince Carter than Jean-Paul Sartre.
RobertdeMeijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Vince just gave back to UNC in a big way:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8164

What do you think of the most when you think of Vince Carter's career?

And, how much do you think he has left?

Nice story. Good for Vince. Always been a great character guy.

You know what hawkfan is going to say - perfect for the Hawks at small forward at full MLE. He could come in and not have to be the go to guy, but he can provide scoring when the Hawks hit a drag on offense.

Closing out games: Crawford, Johnson, Carter, Smith, Horford - five guys who can put the ball in the basket.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
v1ncelis
Decent playground baller

v1ncelis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
From my experience, young French men these days are more likely to know Vince Carter than Jean-Paul Sartre.

True. Poor french guy.
v1ncelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

It's great that he's giving back, but seriously, does UNC basketball program really need that money more than say UNC biomedical engineering program?

Let's not forget that tax payers are funding third of Carter's massive donation, since Carter can write it off his taxes.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: