Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Dennis Rodman being inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame

The big yearly event is Friday.

Rodman plans to do it in style, of course. Skim read this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8168

What are your thoughts on Rodman in terms of his basketball career? Are you good with him making the Hall?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
RobertdeMeijer
Serious playground baller

RobertdeMeijer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dennis Rodman being inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame

He's bigger than the NBA. But not too big for the Hall of Fame.

I fell in love with this analysis of how good he was:
http://skepticalsports.com/?page_id=1222

Like art, he'll never be completely understood. Let's at least remember him.
RobertdeMeijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
z14h
I airball my layups

z14h has an OK reputation so far

He deserves it. Nuff said.
z14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this board

I work at the hall of fame and I'll be there friday
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
I work at the hall of fame and I'll be there friday
Nice. Take some pics if you can.

Rodman definately deserves to be in the hall. And he's probably the greatest defender ever. As well as rebounder.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Pretty funny that Phil's going to be his presenter but he didn't even make it to Jordan or Pippen's lol.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man deserves it for sure
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Pretty funny that Phil's going to be his presenter but he didn't even make it to Jordan or Pippen's lol.
Jackson didn't attend jordan and pippens hall of fame ceremony?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Greatest rebounder of all time, arguably best defender of all time.

Of course he deserves it.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

IMO the greatest pure re-bounder in the history of the game. You have two guys playing basketball, one is 6'0 and the other is 6'9. The 6'9 man camps in the middle, but does not get into good position, has soft hands, but he uses his advantages of intimidation in the paint and strength to still get 10 rebounds. The 6'0 guy crashes the boards, always boxes his man out on defensive rebounds, uses timing and hustle to get 5 rebounds even though he rarely camps inside the paint. The 6'0 man is a better rebounder to me, but every team still needs a 6'9 guy. Rodman to me was a combination of the best of both of these two type of players. He intimidated with his defense, but his timing, IQ, strength, and feel for getting rebounds was un-paralled. Russell, Chamberlain... all have cases for best rebounding against Rodman but to me Rodman will always be the best. He wasn't getting his rebounding numbers against inferior competition, he was boxing out and grabbing his boards against some of the best bigs in the history of the game... in an era that is arguably the best era of big men in the history of the game.

Rodman
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
He's bigger than the NBA. But not too big for the Hall of Fame.

I fell in love with this analysis of how good he was:
http://skepticalsports.com/?page_id=1222

Like art, he'll never be completely understood. Let's at least remember him.
Holy shit. If I could rep you, I'd rep you every day for a year for this link.

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

Rodman is king of basketball.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far

I remember watching the 1996 Finals and NBC would be putting up the graphic:

REBOUNDS
Seattle: ___
Rodman: ___
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602
I remember watching the 1996 Finals and NBC would be putting up the graphic:

REBOUNDS
Seattle: ___
Rodman: ___

I remember when he broke in with the pistons, and he would have stats like 18 mins played and 11 rebounds. None of the announcers could make sense of his game.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
GreatWhiteHope
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GreatWhiteHope has an OK reputation so far

dont wanna sound gay or nothin, but why was he the worm and not the snake? prolly why all those white women was wit him
GreatWhiteHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteHope
dont wanna sound gay or nothin, but why was he the worm and not the snake? prolly why all those white women was wit him
And yet you wind up sounding gay. No, wait, not gay, I mean stupid.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: