Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Archie Goodwin to Kentucky

CBS Sports reports:

Goodwin, a 6-foot-5 guard from Sylvan Hills (Ark.), might be the best scoring guard in the country. He attacks the rim with reckless abandon whenever there is an opening, and he knows how to finish with authority. Goodwin is very difficult to stop off the dribble, and his first step is one of the best.

He should fit perfectly into Kentucky’s offensive system, which allows for creativity off the bounce. The Wildcats were often considered a favorite for Goodwin, although the in-state Razorbacks put a lot of their eggs in his basket. In the end, the allure of going to Lexington outweighed the nostalgia of staying at home.

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-21-2011 at 03:52 AM.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Archie Goodwin to Kentucky

Good get for Kentucky, I suppose. I could go into a long diatribe on how I think he's overrated in the sense I don't think he's a one-and-done. He does have the makings to be a very good college player, though, and after a 2-3 years will have a shot at the NBA. But, he's a 6'4"-6'5" SG/SF without a jumper. That doesn't scream one-and-done at me.

Of course, if I'm right, then that means Kentucky could potentially be getting a very good player for multiple years. On top of that, the meltdown here in Arkansas is pretty funny, but understandable.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who cares, just tell me how it effects Cal's late push for Gary Harris
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

It seems like this would mean we are less likely to get Harris, but Cal likes to sell kids on competition with the best. It's why Wiltjer came here when he knew he had no real chance to start.

If Cal really wants a kid, he usually gets him. Shabazz, McGary and Coleman are probably bigger priorities, but I think he really wants Harris too now.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Good get for Kentucky, I suppose. I could go into a long diatribe on how I think he's overrated in the sense I don't think he's a one-and-done. He does have the makings to be a very good college player, though, and after a 2-3 years will have a shot at the NBA. But, he's a 6'4"-6'5" SG/SF without a jumper. That doesn't scream one-and-done at me.

Of course, if I'm right, then that means Kentucky could potentially be getting a very good player for multiple years. On top of that, the meltdown here in Arkansas is pretty funny, but understandable.

You're right. He's no one-and-done player.

What's funny about people being upset about losing the best player to come out of the state since Joe Johnson (or maybe even Corliss Williamson)? He could have been huge for our potential rebirth, and he instead chose to go to a bitter rival.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess funny was the wrong word or,maybe, I should've been more specific about my word choice of funny. Just some of the things I've read and heard around here are a little funny because some people were acting like the sky is falling. I think Arkansas is in good hands with Mike Anderson. Sure, getting Goodwin would have been very nice, but Arising has bigger frontcourt needs, and Anderson is in with a few highly ranked bigs.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I guess funny was the wrong word or,maybe, I should've been more specific about my word choice of funny. Just some of the things I've read and heard around here are a little funny because some people were acting like the sky is falling. I think Arkansas is in good hands with Mike Anderson. Sure, getting Goodwin would have been very nice, but Arising has bigger frontcourt needs, and Anderson is in with a few highly ranked bigs.

Some are acting pretty butthurt about it. Some say we didn't need him anyway and some say his family is getting paid and this and that. I don't buy into either. He's been a pretty heavy Kentucky lean for a year now. I think he just wanted to play for Calipari. I don't think money was needed to sway him.

Anderson built up a pretty good team that Frank Haith will enjoy this season (and even had Tony Mitchell, though he couldn't get eligible). Archie would have been a serious piece, but people are just going to have to be patient. Getting Jarnell Stokes would pretty much put out the flames of that fire, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: