Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

Default just made a bet that my friend couldn't get MW3 on release date

So I bet my friend that he wouldn't be able to get MW3 next tuesday. If he does, I'm paying for it. If he doesn't, he's gotta buy me a copy when he can get his hands on it. The only rule is that it's gotta be purchased from a store. No preorders or internet.

I realized after we made the bet that it was probably a pretty bad one. I don't think theres going to be lines out the door of every store for this game. If he goes early enough, he should probably be able to get a copy pretty easily.

What do you guys think?
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

Default Re: just made a bet that my friend couldn't get MW3 on release date

if he isnt a complete idiot, he should be able to get one.

in canada, i always go to staples cuz they carry all the new games, but its not known by a majority of people
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

He'll find one somewhere. Might take him a few visits to different places, but I'm sure he can.

I guess he has to show you the receipt to prove his purchase?

Also, how can you be sure he hasn't pre-ordered it somewhere already without your knowledge?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I've never preordered a game and have had no problem getting the game on release day. And not even early (meaning when store just opens). I got Black Ops on release day after work at Best Buy. The bet you made might have been more worthy had you isolated the store like Gamestop. Chances of getting MW3 on release day there is slim. Best Buy? Target? Walmart? I could go on. The only lines out of stores will be from video game shops. And thats due to the amount of preorders. Other stores? Pfft, so if I were you? I'd just buy the game for your friend on release day or give him the money.

You lost...unless your friend is indeed an idiot.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I've never preordered a game and have had no problem getting the game on release day. And not even early (meaning when store just opens). I got Black Ops on release day after work at Best Buy. The bet you made might have been more worthy had you isolated the store like Gamestop. Chances of getting MW3 on release day there is slim. Best Buy? Target? Walmart? I could go on. The only lines out of stores will be from video game shops. And thats due to the amount of preorders. Other stores? Pfft, so if I were you? I'd just buy the game for your friend on release day or give him the money.

You lost...unless your friend is indeed an idiot.
Yeah I go to the K-Mart by my house and they have tons of copies on deck whenever a new game releases.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
step_back
College superstar

Never had a problem getting a game on release day. Do you live in some rural wasteland or something?
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I think you will lose this bet. Unless a game has something like a Dead Island shortage, there should be enough.

By the way, I think it's annoying when you go into Gamestop and you see a top notch game there in stock and you request it and they still ask you if you preordered it. As if they're saying I'm lucky they still have some. I swear some game stores are good and others....I have more game knowledge in my pinky than their whole staff.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
So I bet my friend that he wouldn't be able to get MW3 next tuesday. If he does, I'm paying for it. If he doesn't, he's gotta buy me a copy when he can get his hands on it. The only rule is that it's gotta be purchased from a store. No preorders or internet.

I realized after we made the bet that it was probably a pretty bad one. I don't think theres going to be lines out the door of every store for this game. If he goes early enough, he should probably be able to get a copy pretty easily.

What do you guys think?
wow youre an idiot. that jr smith avy only confirms it. ur friend will easily get the game. no worries.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #9
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Sounds like you've shot yourself in the foot on this one man.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: