Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation
Default Chris Paul to LA deal OFF

ESPN says...

Quote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN CP3 trade latest: Trade with Lakers will NOT go through Friday and Chris Paul is expected in Hornets camp, according to sources

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...chris-paul-off

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS -- The NBA, as owners of the New Orleans Hornets, won't trade All-Star guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass says: "It's not true that the owners killed the deal, the deal was never discussed at the Board of Governors meeting and the league office declined to make the trade for basketball reasons."

The Lakers trade to obtain Hornets' Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom hit a snag Thursday night, sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league's new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.

Last edited by 2010splash : 12-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
BoNafidde
Kids at the park dunk on me

BoNafidde has not been impressing people
Default Re: Chris Paul to LA deal OFF

@WojYahooNBA: NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports
Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wowwwwwwwww
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Hahhahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhha!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA Close

Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.

sounds like the owners hates the Lakers as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone is so mad at this
Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
xoneatom
Kids at the park dunk on me

xoneatom has not been impressing people

Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Babalu
We want Tacos!

Babalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected poster

wow what is going on!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
DRose1899
Banned

DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far

hallllleluzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

So do Gasol and Odom just stroll back to LA? Awkward.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

how can the owners stop it? i swear espn just wants to stir crap up to get site drives
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Huh......well this is awkward LOL Guess the board of governors posts on insidehoops.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

lol how do you break the deal? is there some kind of veto power that the owners have?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread