Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Magic officially waive Gilbert Arenas, via NBA amnesty clause

The Orlando Magic have waived guard Gilbert Arenas and designated him as the team’s amnesty player, President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Otis Smith announced today.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8725

Last edited by insidehoops : 12-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Magic officially waive Arenas.

Interesting wonder who may pick him up.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Finally Hibachi can go where he is needed/wanted.

Hawks? Heat?
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Terrible move.

They are going to have to pay him this year anyway, so why not keep him and see if he can produce? If he is a problem later, then they can always amnesty him then.

Terrible trade by Otis Smith. Lewis's contract next year can be bought out at 50%.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So how exactly does this work in terms of contract length? I guess you have to take the same years as the original contract, otherwise you cannot seperate which offer is the best like 1yr/8m, 2yrs/12m?

How many more years has Arenas left? The shorter the contract, the better the bids will be.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

teams can waive players?

edit makes me understand it better. i was thinking you can waive players without amnesty now?

Last edited by DuMa : 12-09-2011 at 02:45 PM.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
Finally Hibachi can go where he is needed/wanted.

Hawks? Heat?

Teams under the cap get first dibs to sign him via the amnesty bid process, then I think he becomes a free agent if he isn't picked up.

Won't be joining the Hawks or Heat.

David West to Atlanta for Kirk Hinrich (expirer).
This trade is for basketball reasons.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Terrible move.

They are going to have to pay him this year anyway, so why not keep him and see if he can produce? If he is a problem later, then they can always amnesty him then.

Terrible trade by Otis Smith. Lewis's contract next year can be bought out at 50%.
they saw if he could produce last year. dude is done. He has no outstanding skills with his limited athleticism. great move IMO
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
they saw if he could produce last year. dude is done. He has no outstanding skills with his limited athleticism. great move IMO

Finally, someone with some sense around here
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Magic officially waive Gilbert Arenas, via NBA amnesty clause

Sterns say NO...for "BASKETBALL REASONS"
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Terrible move.

Hawkfan is wrong AGAIN. Amnesty can only be used between today and Dec. 16. Therefore: They had to do it now or never.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #12
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How the mighty Hibashi has fallen down since the gun incident in DC. He might have something left though but he probably needs to be "the man" to prove that.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
christian1923
Good college starter

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Most improved player next year BOOK IT
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Interesting wonder who may pick him up.
So long as it's not the Cs I don't care.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
nbacardDOTnet
Ubuntu !! V18 !!

nbacardDOTnet has an OK reputation so far

nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: