Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Andre Miller wants to start, not come off bench

The Nuggets have been good, but PG Andre Miller isn't thrilled with being a backup to Ty Lawson

Read here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9046

What's your take?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Andre Miller wants to start, not come off bench

Trade him to the Magic for Duhon and Q Rich, we move Jameer to 6th man.

Problem solved
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's right, but Ty Lawson is a pretty good PG also, so I don't know what he's expecting/suggesting here? A trade?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well i wouldn't start Miller over Ty as well.. i mean he might be a smart player and so on on but he is awful at making midrange shots yet alone the 3 pointers

Last edited by East_Stone_Ya : 01-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

I think GK wants to draft a new north carolina PG... or maybe CB will return home, again

wonder what team in this PG stacked league will offer him the starting role
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
I think GK wants to draft a new north carolina PG... or maybe CB will return home, again

wonder what team in this PG stacked league will offer him the starting role

As stated I think he'd be a starter in Orlando, we make Jameer our 6th man.

Win win.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

both solid pgs. but ty is far better than andre in every aspect other than his playmaking. ship him to the lakers for metta and fisher
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My take is he is a player with a lot of pride who has confidence in his abilities and doesn't feel that he is significantly worse than he used to be. I'm sure that confidence is a large part of what made him great in the first place and if handleded correctly theres nothing wrong with that. Its true that for some players this would be an issue, but Andre's a true pro and I believe he can handle that.

If anything I see him using this as motivation to play better so when his contract ends a team will be willing to let him fight for that starting spot he feels he deserves.

Last edited by 2LeTTeRS : 01-12-2012 at 02:29 PM.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

I watched a Nuggets game earlier this year and he missed 4 or 5 layups in ONE quarter.

He is smart and is going to run the offense, but there is no way you start him over Lawson. He looks even slower than last year, which I thought couldn't be possible, and as others have said, his range is limited.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

douglas fields for andre miller
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
As stated I think he'd be a starter in Orlando, we make Jameer our 6th man.

Win win.
I could see that

And I respect Dre for handeling the situation very well
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
kurple
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
douglas fields for andre miller
deal.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A blessing in disguise that this guy didn't want to re-sign with Philly/
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andre Miller more concerned with his role than the team? SHOCKING. He's a great player but he's always been like this. Start me or trade me. As long as he's starting he's the greatest teammate. But he needs to start or he's unhappy.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
kurple
NBA All-star

That is far from true.. He said that he will support Ty, the team and coaches the entire season and that he won't talk to GK about not being happy as a bench player

You are far from the truth on this one

Quote:
Miller didn't believe there would have been a battle for the starting job with Lawson even had a lockout not significantly shortened training camp. But he said he plans to have a good attitude and will "support" Lawson during the 66-game season.

"He is the guy, that's pretty clear," Miller said of Lawson. "I understand why they brought me here, so I'm not going to dwell on this, 66 games. Move past and leave it alone."

Last edited by kurple : 01-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: