Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Should old Steve Nash join Knicks in summer of 2012?

He loves NYC as a city.

He's familiar with D'Antoni and Stoudemire already.

Knicks need a PG.

But.. he'll be damn old.

Read the latest: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9092
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should old Steve Nash join Knicks in summer of 2012?

That article is less reputable than The Onion.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Corpse of Steve Nash, still would be valuable for Knicks at this point.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, the byline is a bit biased, no?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

D'Antoni won't be there next year, barring some sort of miracle.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Delete this thread. This is plain dumb. He retiring in Phoenix.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputationkurple has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
He loves NYC as a city.

He's familiar with D'Antoni and Stoudemire already.

Knicks need a PG.

But.. he'll be damn old.

Read the latest: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9092
+ he doesn't play defense

but it's a pretty nice fit on offense.. Not sure how Melo will do with a PG running the show and not Melo Iso's all day long
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Delete this thread. This is plain dumb. He retiring in Phoenix.
/thread
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
That article is less reputable than The Onion.

theres a New York Post article talking about him going to the Knicks in 2012....

i linked it in another Nash thread yesterday.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
theres a New York Post article talking about him going to the Knicks in 2012....

i linked it in another Nash thread yesterday.
Nash:" Maybe I'm old school, but I feel like that's not my place to give up on my team, give up on my teammates. I signed a contract and made a commitment. "

Source.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Nash:" Maybe I'm old school, but I feel like that's not my place to give up on my team, give up on my teammates. I signed a contract and made a commitment. "

Repped.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

What's this about Steve Nash being old? He is clearly in better health than Baron Davis
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

It is without a doubt the best place for Nash to go. Ideally, I think that Steve wants to finish his contract out and get some closure for the suns. He would not have to feel bad about leaving to the suns, as they both need to get on with it. Nash has 2 years to try to get a title. He has the perfect combo of guys to get the ball to, melo and amare and a coach who he meshes with.

They can't trade for nash now because they'd lose shumpert.

Ideally I would like to see a nash, shumpert backcourt next year with Baron Davis and Landry fields as the back-up.
It's a nice complement of offence/ defence.

Nash davis
shumpert fields
melo ?
amare ?
chandler ?

I'm not sure who thy can get in the front court as back-ups.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Nice quote.

Of course, Nash didn't mention his contract is up this summer.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Source.

His "commitment" officially finishes at the end of the season. It' doesn't sound like him saying he'll be a Suns player for his last few seasons, but what I gather is he'll happily play out his contract this season.

But I do agree, I personally think he'll stay with the Suns. But his quote to me anyway isn't ruling out moving on to pastures new.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: