Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default How important is Eric Gordon to the future of the Hornets?

Obviously he's a very good young guard and their best young prospect, but do you think he's a true building block? What do you think of his potential?

As of today, Gordon is willing to sign a Hornets extension. If it's going to happen this season it needs to be soon

Read http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9103
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How important is Eric Gordon to the future of the Hornets?

He's quite good, and far better than I thought he would be. I'm not sure if I am sold on him being a #1 option quite yet.

Regardless of where he is he has a bright future as a starter.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

A shorter, poorer man's Durant.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Hornets have a future?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

I wouldn't built my team around him. As the second option on the Clippers they were horrible imagine being the first option on a team with much less help.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

He needs to stay f*cking healthy first
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

he was being incredibly overrated around the trade time. He's OK but not someone to build around even if he were healthy. Hopefully they will be able to draft two players better than him this year.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
LaysUpBricks
Serious playground baller

LaysUpBricks has an OK reputation so far

He's a good young building block, but its hard to say because he's missed so many games. I wonder how big of an extension the Hornets will offer him since he's only played one game for them this season
LaysUpBricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

He was my second favorite guard in the league before he got traded and hurt.

His scoring, shooting, defense, and mind is all at the right place and mindset.

But his dribbling, passing, decision making, and size are all still weaknesses. The first three he can work on over time since he is still young, but it's the last one (his size) that is the main reason why he can never be a number one option on a champion-ship contending team.

I think he is very important. He is easily there best player for the future IMO. But the Hornets clearly need another big piece if they want to contend within a few years.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
hkc
I airball my layups

hkc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
The Hornets have a future?

What a stupid statement to make. It amazes me how some people, actually most people, can make such dumb statements and still call themselves a basketball fan.

Yes the hornets have a future. And it's bright. Im assuming you have the Internet and that you're able to read the English language...go do what is called "research", which in this case should only take you a couple of minutes, and then make statements. You'll feel better knowing the trash that you post online actually has some validity.

I'd post links for you, but that would be letting you off too easy.
hkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkc
What a stupid statement to make. It amazes me how some people, actually most people, can make such dumb statements and still call themselves a basketball fan.

Yes the hornets have a future. And it's bright. Im assuming you have the Internet and that you're able to read the English language...go do what is called "research", which in this case should only take you a couple of minutes, and then make statements. You'll feel better knowing the trash that you post online actually has some validity.

I'd post links for you, but that would be letting you off too easy.
He was joking pal. Take it easy lol
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I view him Eric Gordon on the Hornets the same way I view Joe Johnson on the Atlanta Hawks. Both of them are or will be all-stars but will never be franchise players.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

4 years, $48 million.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Seeing how the draft pick from Minnesota is unlikely to turn into lottery, Eric Gordon is perhaps the only hope for NO at this point. Otherwise, the trade with Clippers would be remarked as a completely failure for NO.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If he can get out of the suit and actually play, then maybe? His joints seem to be brittle as hell, almost seems injury prone.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: