Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Where should Kenyon Martin sign? Decision may be soon

Kenyon Martin could sign with a team as early as this weekend.

Here's a list of teams that have definitely (reportedly) reached out to him:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9175

How good do you think he is, at this point in his career?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Where should Kenyon Martin sign? Decision may be soon

I'm seeing about a 80% chance he goes to the Clippers.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All those teams mentioned are ideal candidates except the Lakers, and possibly the Clippers. The Heat could use a veteran center who knows how to win if they can afford him that is. If possible I see him going to the Heat.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He could go to the Lakers and allow them to trade Pau Gasol for a PG. I don't know which great PG they could get tho. Not Deron Williams. The Thunder wouldn't give up Westbrook. No Rondo. Gasol would have to net more than Nash, I would think.

So saying all that, I don't know about LA. If the Knicks traded Amare...he could work there. I suppose he could work as a back-up as well, tho I don't see why he wants to back up Amare. Not enough minutes for him, I think.

I think he could work in San Antonio, but I don't really see the point. I certainly think it's excessive for him to go to the Clippers. The Hawks, I don't think so, unless they trade Josh Smith. Only answering the ones you mentioned.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

he should go to the Heat. he'd be good at crashing the boards there and following up a lot since lebron/wade will take most of the middle with them on their drives. he doesn't have much competition to play and get minutes there other than Haslem and Bosh i guess, but he's more mobile than both of them i think, at least a bit quicker and longer than Haslem.

most of those other teams have players he's going to play behind, and not get as much run.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He'd be amazing on the Clippers, but for some reason, I think he'll end up in Miami or New York.

A second unit of Mo-Foye-Gomes-Martin-Evans has a good mix of offense and scrappy D.

Last edited by qrich : 02-01-2012 at 12:27 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Kmart would not work for the knicks- you have floor spacing problems now it would be much worse with him playing w any of the 3 frontcourt starters. Jared jeffries is better fit to play those minutes than kmart. Kmart would fit wiam w a point gaurd and other skilled frontcourt playersor just a good team like the heat or mavs though I doubt mark cuban would ever want to sign himt
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Heat definitely need more depth at power forward.

Martin is a good fit on the Heat for two main reasons. One is he can defend well in the paint and has the toughness and size needed to grab rebounds. Second, he is searching for his first championship and will likely play motivated basketball for Miami to help them reach their title dreams.

Martin would give Miami more rebounding and scoring ability than both Eddy Curry and Juan Howard would, and he isn't a liability at either end of the floor. Playing with the likes of LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade may also help Martin because he won't have to the "the guy," meaning he can just focus on his role and not worry about carrying the team in any aspect.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Spurs are the best bet. He would take some minutes from Bonner and Splitter.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I think the Celtics are the team that fit what he desires.

Lots of playing time
even though their record isn't up to par, they are a contender
he would be able to play either big spot so the minutes would be there
they focus on defense
he would get plenty of open jumpers right in his wheelhouse
Doc knows how to handle older vets

He is going to go somewhere he can showcase he can play at a high level. He wants to parlay that into a bigger contract next year.

But I want to see him in San Antonio as their Dyess replacement. He could teach Blair and Splitter how to play some defense
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmm Lakers have expressed interest? That would make it a 5 player big-men lineup in Gasol/Bynum/McRob/Murphy/Martin... on the other hand it might make us the best front court again.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation

He'll have to choose between money or championships. Don't know the guy so Idk if he would give up money to join the Heat or not
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kenyon Martin to the Heat is just excess. That's a team built off 3 big guns and everyone else tagging along. Haslem is playing off the bench, come on. You have one of the best PF's in the game and Haslem is a bench player and you think you need Kenyon Martin? That's such bullshit. Grow some balls.

You want Kenyon Martin? Then trade Chris Bosh for a C and then bring in Martin. It's just ridiculous.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If he wants to start, he can come to Atlanta.
Otherwise, he would be a good backup for the Heat or Clippers.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

He s either going to Clippers or Heat.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: