Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Default Eric Gordon to undergo another arthoscopic knee surgery, out six more weeks

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that Hornets guard Eric Gordon will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee tomorrow. The surgery is needed to fully resolve an injury that was sustained earlier in the season during a Hornets game. After that point it did not fully heal with treatment and rest. The doctors expect that Eric will be fully recovered and able to return to playing in up to six weeks.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9251

---

what is wrong with this guy's knees? and he's going to ask for the max over the summer? i remember when he was supposedly going to be the enticing core of NO along with that minny pick...

Last edited by insidehoops : 02-14-2012 at 02:06 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: Eric Gordon to undergo another arthoscopic knee surgery, out six more weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

what is wrong with this guy's knees?
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Default Re: Eric Gordon to undergo another arthoscopic knee surgery, out six more weeks

Chris Paul trade looking better and better everyday.

Although Chris Kaman did have a huge game tonight. Looks like he's really trying to make the Hornets feel silly for shelving him while on the trade block.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

So, once Gordon and Kaman leave this summer, the Hornets will have given away Chris Paul for Aminu and maybe a late lottery pick?
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
So, once Gordon and Kaman leave this summer, the Hornets will have given away Chris Paul for Aminu and maybe a late lottery pick?

it's looking more and more that way every day. gordon isn't helping his case either but he'll probably get a max deal from someone if he passes his physical. all those knee surgeries at such a young age though? never a good sign
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

So its....give a big deal to an injury prone middling 2 guard who has not been healthy in 3 years...or let him walk and have traded Chris Paul for a young guy who has barely played and the um...12th best pick unless they win the lottery?

Thats...almost lose lose.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Where the Hell is Clippersfan when i told him how injury prone Eric Gordon is!!!!

Sucks cuz he's a talented player but we might be seeing BRoy pt. 2 with this guy.

Stern really f*cked the Hornets. That 3 team deal would have had the Hornets in the playoff race.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #8
thatoneblackguy

My fantasy team
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Where the Hell is Clippersfan when i told him how injury prone Eric Gordon is!!!!

Sucks cuz he's a talented player but we might be seeing BRoy pt. 2 with this guy.

Stern really f*cked the Hornets. That 3 team deal would have had the Hornets in the playoff race.

Yes, but they would have been riddled in salaries, and a mediocre 6-8 seed at best. Unfortunate situation that Minny is better and Gordon's knees are made of glass, but I would have done the trade back in December too. They'll have a decent chance at Anthony Davis.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

This should make Lakers fans f*cking furious.

I don't even like the Lakers and I'm p!ssed how Stern did them over.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Yes, but they would have been riddled in salaries

They would have exactly 3 players on contract past next season and 2 of them are Emeka and Ariza who would be there anyway....and one of them is on an option so it might just be Emeka.

Having 2 contracts guaranteed past next season is not riddled. Not only is it not riddled...its so low they would be required to sign player just to reach the NBA salary floor.

They would have 25-28 million in cap space next summer depending on what they do around the draft and how much they used this offseason and Arizas option and all.

They wouldnt have any contract issues either way.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #12
colorz
Old School.

What a shame, used to be my favorite Clipper. Was hoping he would have a breakout season this year.
colorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #13
jbryan1984
Good college starter

All that matters is that Hornets and Bobcats will both get awesome draft picks.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #14
DDensity
I hit open 5-footers

Good thing they traded for a young guy who hasn't play most of the year (and last year) instead of a starting five worth of guys who produce on a regular basis.

I guess occupying the sidelines with suits is a basketball reason.
DDensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #15
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

If Bird walks this summer I'm terrified of Morway/Pritchard/whomever giving him a terrible max offer. That happens I'll try and convince myself the Hornets have just been tanking all season, which isn't exactly asinine.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: