Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default New trade idea

Rockets get: Gasol
Lakers get: Bargnani and Calderon
Raptors get: KevMart or Courtney Lee, Scola and Dragic

I have no real interest in Kevin Martin but I figure we could easily flip him to Minnesota or the Clippers as they are both on the hunt for a qualified sg.
We could get Beasely or maybe bledsoe. Or we could make it courtney lee and flip derozan. Lots of options. We could also look to flip scola but I actually think he would fit well next to Val and he is much better than amir/ed.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: New trade idea

Quote:
Raptors get: KevMart or Courtney Lee, Scola and Dragic
I see none of them as good long-term pieces for a rebuilding team like the Raptors. Scola is solid but he's also 31 and tied up in a contract for a few more years. There is no point in getting a player like him right now. The time to get Kevin Martin was a few years ago to pair him up with Bosh. Again, no point in doing it right now.

It's a move that maybe makes the Raptors a little better right now but does nothing if you want to build a contender for the long-run. This deal is too reliant on other deals that would have to occur afterwards and I don't think that's an assumption any team wants to make.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: New trade idea

Great trade- for the lakers
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: