Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Walking Dead Game

From what I've seen it looks like a Choose Your Own Adventure/Heavy Rain type of game with gore. Here's more details on price:

How Much Does Walking Dead Cost? Release Date?
As it's coming to so many platforms, keeping track of how much The Walking Dead: The Game will cost you has been tough. If you're buying it on the PC or Mac, you get a five-episode season pass for $24.99 on Tuesday, April 24th. (EU gets the PC/Mac version for 24.99 Euros on Tuesday, too.) If you buy on PlayStation 3, you can grab each episode for $4.99 or buy the five-episode season pass for $19.99 on Tuesday, April 24th. (EU gets the PS3 episodes one by one for 4.99 Euros and the season pass for 19.99 Euros starting on Wednesday, April 25th.) If you get it on Xbox 360, there is no season pass so you'll have to pay 400 Microsoft Points per episode sometime this month.

I'll be getting it on ps3 for the season pass alone.

Here's ign's video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5kne1WL_I

Does anyone have it yet? Your impressions.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 04-27-2012 at 01:18 PM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Walking Dead Game

Think I'll be getting it for pc. The review I read earlier this week was great.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I could see myself getting the discounted complete package somewhere down the line. You know a couple of months after the final episode is released this will drop down to like 10 dollars for the entire thing really quickly.

More importantly, this episodic distribution doesn't work for me. I don't stay committed to games for a long stretches of time, I finish games in one go usually and after that I don't come back to it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Wow....this is a nice little game. It definitely does capture the feeling of the comic book....in color though. It takes a little while to get used to the controls....they seem clunky at times. I don't like that the option to invert the vertical camera is not present....but it's not a deal breaker. There are some great dramatic and shocking moments.

I got the season pass on ps3 for $20. That makes each episode only $4! $20 for about 10 hours of game play is not bad....each episode is about 2 hours. Those of you on the fence should try the demo.

I'll give it an 8/10 so far.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: