Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Coolest City in America - HOUSTON, TX

Cmon Dwight, don't you want to live in the coolest city in America?!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbr...ities-to-live/

Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities To Live

Quote:
Houston is known for many things: Oil, NASA, urban sprawl and business-friendly policies. But the Texas city deserves to be known for something else: coolness.

The Bayou City may not be the first place you associate with being hip or trendy. But Houston has something many other major cities donít: jobs. With the local economy humming through the recession, Houston enjoyed 2.6% job growth last year and nearly 50,000 Americans flocked there in response ó particularly young professionals. In fact, the median age of a Houston resident is a youthful 33.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Coolest City in America - HOUSTON, TX

Was going through that list, and the best picture they could come up with for NYC was this?

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So they packed in a bunch of dorks like Hawker, BFD.

Houston doesn't even make the top 3 in Texas, let alone the US of A.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no idea why Chicago and Oakland are on the list. Nothing is cool about living in a city with a warzone.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Was going through that list, and the best picture they could come up with for NYC was this?

well, it is pretty cool reclaimed urban blight. Not necc. visually stunning though.

I saw this and said, take that dwight!

I would agree with forbes. houstons foodie scene is top notch, the local brewers have come to play, the art and music scene is great and there is lots to do, even for free (rothko chapel, rest of the menil, various art houses). Never understood why dallasites hated houston so much (unless they are just jelly). Definitely the best city in tx and maybe the south.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I have no idea why Chicago and Oakland are on the list. Nothing is cool about living in a city with a warzone.
I would guess you have never lived in either of these cities? right, clearly not.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
So they packed in a bunch of dorks like Hawker, BFD.

Houston doesn't even make the top 3 in Texas, let alone the US of A.
Ill give you austin and san an are great towns, but neither have the same opportunities as a major city like houston. Dallas-FW is the suck IMO.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I would guess you have never lived in either of these cities? right, clearly not.

He's from Toronto - he has no frame of reference.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

Now this is stupid. Maybe I just need to do what generations of Americans do, live on the safe side and complete ignore the crazy amounts of violence on the other side of the city. Then I can take in the amounts of "cool" I'm missing.

There is a murder every god damn day, but the city is cool because there are great restaurants and attractions.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I have friends in Houston and they say it's similar to Vancouver with cultura; diversity and entertainmanet. Although if this was a North American poll I'd say Vancouver would top the list
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Now this is stupid. Maybe I just need to do what generations of Americans do, live on the safe side and complete ignore the crazy amounts of violence on the other side of the city. Then I can take in the amounts of "cool" I'm missing.

There is a murder every god damn day, but the city is cool because there are great restaurants and attractions.

You listed Chicago and Oakland which has probably more warzones. That's what he's getting at.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

I can't begin to figure out where that is...

I like SF myself.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

What the ****.

I live in Houston and this is completely untrue. Yes there are jobs, but the climate sucks, and it takes a shit load of time just to get to the 'cool' side of town (Which isn't even that cool). I'd take SF, NYC, Ann Arbor, and most places in California over Houston.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Isn't Houston the fat people capital of the world?
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Isn't Houston the fat people capital of the world?

The correct term is horizontally challenged.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: