Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdYf...eature=g-all-u

He didn't throw any fits like most guys do, he just wants to keep playing and contribute.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

It's the only good thing about VC being washed up now. He kind of knows it and accepts it.

Prime VC was something else though. One of the most exciting players of all time.

Last edited by Heavincent : 08-22-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
M.Bustly15A5RU8
High School Varsity 12th Man

M.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat coolM.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's the only good thing about VC being washed up now. He kind of knows it and accepts it.

Prime VC was something else though. One of the most exciting players of all time.

fixed
M.Bustly15A5RU8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

I think he's remorseful more than anything else. That's why he's not making much noise anymore.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
fixed

You didn't change anything
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
gtfomyface
High School JV MVP

gtfomyface has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716

is the bold letter not obvious ?
gtfomyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
He change, its heavincent that edit his post to be the exact same post as M.Bustly..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

People say I 'hate' Kobe. That is false. He frustrates me.

You wanna know who I 'hate'?

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Him accepting his new role is nothing new. He's always been a conformist. Not a revelation to anybody that's watched basketball.

You know what I LOVE and respect about Bean?

His stubbornness to NOT conform. Sure, he has a desire and maniacal NEED to be the best, that is what drives him, what makes him great. What made MJ, Bird, Magic and others great.

Vince Carter had the gifts to be the GOAT, he had the gifts to blow Kobe out of the water, but he didn't have the drive, he conformed. Not to say he was a bad player or that he didn't improve. But he never had the same desire that MJ and Kobe had/have.

So I'm not surprised that he's accepted his role so 'gracefully'.

Look at the desire that Iverson has. He's not willing to conform, we may write them off as not letting go, but I'd rather see somebody with the passion to not let go, then somebody just go 'accept' it.

Fck that!!!! accepting is for punk p*ssy quitters with not heart or drive.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He never cared about that stuff just the pay check. Cant really blame him he was blessed with his talent and used it to better himself...
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #10
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Him accepting his new role is nothing new. He's always been a conformist. Not a revelation to anybody that's watched basketball.

His stubbornness to NOT conform. Sure, he has a desire and maniacal NEED to be the best, that is what drives him, what makes him great. What made MJ, Bird, Magic and others great.

Vince Carter had the gifts to be the GOAT, he had the gifts to blow Kobe out of the water, but he didn't have the drive, he conformed. Not to say he was a bad player or that he didn't improve. But he never had the same desire that MJ and Kobe had/have.

Look at the desire that Iverson has. He's not willing to conform, we may write them off as not letting go, but I'd rather see somebody with the passion to not let go, then somebody just go 'accept' it.

Seems like lose-lose to me. If he accepts his role he is a "p*ssy quitter with no heart", but if he tries to be a superstar that scores 25 a game even though he has declined significantly, he is a "selfish cancer to the team".
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #11
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Spoken like someone who has never been in that situation, or any one like it, in his life.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Seems like lose-lose to me. If he accepts his role he is a "p*ssy quitter with no heart", but if he tries to be a superstar that scores 25 a game even though he has declined significantly, he is a "selfish cancer to the team".

I understand that. It is hypocritical, but it is what it is.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #13
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Spoken like someone who has never been in that situation, or any one like it, in his life.

And you know this about me because?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #14
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

David Robinson is rollin' over in his grave after reading the op.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #15
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

What about his magic days?
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: