Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Cavs pick and roll is a liability

I was out of town during the Lakers game. I watched it, but I couldn't participate in a game thread or anything. And I've been sick since then, so this is the first chance I've had to post...

I noticed something really wrong with the Cavs offense during the Lakers game, and it's part of the basic fundamentals of basketball. It's actually very scary.

The standard pick and roll is part of the basics of basketball you learn from the time you're in grade school. Someone sets a pick, you use the screen and either take the open shot, pass it back for an open shot, or pass it back for a give and go.

But the Cavs have gone from having the most dominating pick and roll in recent memory (Mark Price/Brad Daughtery) to having one that is a liability.

Every time a Cavs player set a pick for Lebron James during the Laker game... EVERY TIME..... instead of the defender switching, they double teamed Lebron.

They have 0 respect for the Cavs shooters. (and who can blame them)

I find this very scary. Lebron's commented that it's been a lot harder for him to get to the hoop this year. Everyone sees it. He takes a lot more jumpers this year. A lot of time they are bad shots.

I think this has a lot to do with it. Why aren't we teaching our players to go to the hoop more, instead of settling for jumpers they aren't hitting?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Moose

Default Re: Cavs pick and roll is a liability

With the way the Cavs are playing lately; all they really need is to believe they can win games against stronger teams... Thatís when they might be hard to stop in the postseason due to the confidence they built up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: