Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default Perfect Trade for the Raptors?

I found what I believe to be the best thing that could happen for Toronto. The question is, would minny make this trade?

Toronto trades
- #1 pick

Minnesota trades
- #6 pick
- Marcus Banks

Toronto drafts roy at 6, signs a center like Joel Jizzy. They fill their pg need (need #2), they fill their center need (need #1), and they get a back-up sg (need #3). But is the number 1 pick worth banks and the 6 to minny?
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I found what I believe to be the best thing that could happen for Toronto. The question is, would minny make this trade?

Toronto trades
- #1 pick

Minnesota trades
- #6 pick
- Marcus Banks

Toronto drafts roy at 6, signs a center like Joel Jizzy. They fill their pg need (need #2), they fill their center need (need #1), and they get a back-up sg (need #3). But is the number 1 pick worth banks and the 6 to minny?

Would the Toronto Raptors and Bryan Colangelo see it worthwhile to drop 5 spots for a PG whom may not equate to being a long-term starter at the position. I don't know if they would see it worthwhile to trade down 5 slots for Banks. However, they may, I think if you are going to trade down then you must fill a need when you receive that player. Getting Marcus Banks fills a need, but I'm not sure if his talent justifies the drop.

Interesting proposal though, certainly not the worst I've ever seen.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Minnesota said they wanted to trade down.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

I'd rather see them use the pick to either draft or trade for a star potential player, i don't see it in roy.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
POP A SHOT
Kids at the park dunk on me

POP A SHOT has decent reputation

i dont see how banks is worth the trade
POP A SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Am I overestimating banks? I thought he was supposed to be quite a good prospect.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Minnesota said they wanted to trade down.

That shafts this whole plan. Makes sense tho, if minny keeps KG they need to win NOW
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It'd be more perfect if they got a center and moved down then a point guard and moved down because the best centers are all top 5. Plus I don't think picks can be included in sign and trades.

How about

Atlanta Trades :

Zaza Pachulia

Toronto Trades :

Rafael Araujo
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you are not overestimating Banks, I love this kid.

Keep praising him
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
It'd be more perfect if they got a center and moved down then a point guard and moved down because the best centers are all top 5. Plus I don't think picks can be included in sign and trades.

How about

Atlanta Trades :

Zaza Pachulia

Toronto Trades :

Rafael Araujo

future picks can be included in sign and trade, since FAs won't be signing till after the draft.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Oh Christ, I forgot banks was a FA. Damn. You're right, FA's can be signed until sometime in July.

Puchalia and 5 for 1 and hoffa is not a good idea. Puchalia is nowhere NEAR who we could get with the first pick. Also, why trade hoffa? He is on a rookie contract, so it's not big, and there is a 0.6% chance he improves.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I'd do it.

It's pretty much either

Pachulia (underrated look at his numbers last season)
Marcus Williams

or

Aldridge
Brevin Knight?

bleh I dunno maybe I wouldnt do it
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #13
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Josh Childress

for

Eric Williams
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Only to be considered if childress can play the 2.

Brevin knight and alrdidge would be phe-freaking-nominal
Old 06-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

my concern with brevin is hes getting old, the youngs would get use to him and then theyd need to replace him after he leaves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: