Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Things you hate while playing basketball

I hate when you play a pickup game with black kids who think they're the **** just because theyre black. They think they can hit anything and that theyre the best guys on the court. They also never pass the ball.

Sorry, nothing against black people, it's just the way it is when I play @ school during lunch breaks/after school.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Things you hate while playing basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
I hate when you play a pickup game with black kids who think they're the **** just because theyre black. They think they can hit anything and that theyre the best guys on the court. They also never pass the ball.

Sorry, nothing against black people, it's just the way it is when I play @ school during lunch breaks/after school.

Not all of them are like that, but ya I've known a few like that.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Not all of them are like that, but ya I've known a few like that.

Yeah I know what you mean, the black guys on my bball team I can really get along with. Great guys to hang around with.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

I have a hard time playing with wanna be streetball players. Especially the ones that throw it off the backboard from three and carry/travel all the time. I play a much more fundamental style of basketball and I tend to stay away from the fancy stuff. These wanna be streetball players don't pass enough or try to do way too much just to get you the ball. I can't stand it most of the time.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I played with a kid like that from my past. And schooled him up :p
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Also, I don't like it when youre playing a pickup game where there's going to be guys that won't take it as seriously.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the guy who calls a billion fouls and whines about anything called on him.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

I hate dudes who they are mj and call ticky tack fouls like they are really in the nba.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

what OP said
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Also, when there's guys that call stupid rules; like you need to dribble before you take two steps with the ball or else it's called travelling.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

I hate Asian kids that are allowed to be on the computer after dinner time.

What happened to Asian fathers like in that Tim Horton's commercial where the dad drags his kid out of a road hockey game to study? That's what we need more of or these Asians will be nothing more than funny looking ******s.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Also, I don't like it when youre playing a pickup game where there's going to be guys that won't take it as seriously.

That's what I hate. I could care less if people are arrogant, if they really aren't all that up to snuff, they'll be taken down a peg. Only a matter of time. Always helps to rub it in after those specific people get caught playing ****ty. Keep reminding them.

But yeah, guys who just sit back and chill, lazely jack up 3's and laugh it off when they miss. Hate it. Specifically because it makes me feel like I'm trying too hard if I go full out, which is what I like to do (like most of us here).
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

When you have 9 guys and there are people shooting by themselves on other hoops.

"Hey you wanna run?"
"Naw man I'm good."
"For real? We only need 1 for fives"
"I need to work on my shot."

Also, when people don't take the game seriously. I can't stand working my ass off for every board, every drive, every fast break and have people that refuse to play D or pass on offense.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
"Hey you wanna run?"
"Naw man I'm good."
"For real? We only need 1 for fives"
"I need to work on my shot."

I remember I did that a few years ago when I was trying to get on the team.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #15
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

one other pet peeve, when you are running full court and the people come out to shoot on one of the rims while you are on the other end. 1 or 2 layups are one thing if you are paying attention to the game because you can get out of the way but its really annoying when you keep getting in the way.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: