Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default if duncan,manu,tony and coached by pop have played in the 90's..

Would have they stop the bulls?
    Last edited by snipes12; 08-25-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Default Re: if pop duncan,manu,tony and coached by pop have played in the 90's..

95 and 96. easily

Default Re: if pop duncan,manu,tony and coached by pop have played in the 90's..

imagine duncan with jordans stacked team... omg 10 titles in a row

They'd struggle in their own conference with:

Barkley and KJ's Suns
    Hakeem's Rockets
    Drexler's Blazers
    Payton and Kemp's Sonics
    Stockton and Malone's Jazz

Before even getting to the 2x headed monster of a true Dynasty that was MJ, and Pip's Chicago Bulls.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    They'd struggle in their own conference with:

Barkley and KJ's Suns
    Hakeem's Rockets
    Drexler's Blazers
    Payton and Kemp's Sonics
    Stockton and Malone's Jazz

Before even getting to the 2x headed monster of a true Dynasty that was MJ, and Pip's Chicago Bulls.
    I honestly think the prime early 2000s Spurs could easily hang with the 90s teams, and this is coming from a 90s Rockets stan. 2003 Spurs could make it far in the 90s play-offs off of prime Duncan alone. I don't think they'll win a chip in the 90s though, but they'll make it far.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    I honestly think the prime early 2000s Spurs could easily hang with the 90s teams
    I didn't say they couldn't hang. Of course they would. In most cases, especially in terms of longevity they'd be the best of the bunch in terms of the teams I'm comparing them to ... but all those teams would give them stiff competition.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    I honestly think the prime early 2000s Spurs could easily hang with the 90s teams, and this is coming from a 90s Rockets stan. 2003 Spurs could make it far in the 90s play-offs off of prime Duncan alone. I don't think they'll win a chip in the 90s though, but they'll make it far.
    Kobe holds a 4 - 2 lead in the Playoffs over the Spurs for his career, I think the Bulls would destroy the Spurs in the Finals because Duncan would be the only player scoring on that defense, which is not enough by any means. Mike & Scotty shut down Manu & Parker easily. And if Duncan's Spurs go up against 2nd 3-peat Bulls? They have Rodman to throw at Duncan, who will at least keep him somewhere around his averages, Bulls win easily in 5-6 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Jordan was never stopped in a season after he won his first title, and played an entire year. It's silly to think that the Spurs would even have a chance to do something no other team ever did.

I mean they almost lost to the 8th seed Mavs. They are really overrated if anyone thinks that they could stop a prime Jordan led team.

Ofcourse. They didn't really understand how to play ball in those primitive times.

They'd win 2 titles in 94 and 95.

Banned

No!!!

Local High School Star

Default Re: if duncan,manu,tony and coached by pop have played in the 90's..

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12
    Would have they stop the bulls?
    they won a title in 99 right? that is still part of 90s or your calendar is different?

NBA rookie of the year

To be honest the Pop worship is getting out of control.

Pop's teams have choked away multiple chances at repeating and lost their fair share of times. They came dangerously close to losing to the 8th seeded, washed up Dallas Mavericks.

He's a great coach, maybe the greatest ever, but at the end of the day, the players on the court decide the game.

Real basketball isn't a Hollywood movie where the coach gives some epic speech at half time that pumps the team up and leads them to victory.

Beating the Heat wasn't really that great of an achievement, he just exposed how phony of a "team" they were ... LeBron/Wade/Bosh were never a great fit together, they just won off pure talent, but LeBron's game meant Wade/Bosh had to dramatically neuter their own games, San Antonio simply just took advantage of that.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

prime tim, tony and manu with pop against this 90 teams:

jazz: spurs in 5
    rockets: spurs in 5
    suns: spurs in 5
    sonics: spurs in 5
    blazers: spurs in 5
    knicks: spurs in 6
    pacers: spurs in 6
    magic: spurs in 6

91-93 bulls: bulls in 5/6

96-97 bulls: bulls in 6/7

1998 bulls: spurs in 7

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

If the 98 Jazz was so close to play a game 7 vs those bulls, then prime spurs should win...

manu is waaaay better than hornacek, prime tony is better than 98 stockton and prime duncan is waaay better than 98 malone. (also better bench, and coach, and leonard / bowen could contain jordan)