Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation
Default What would you do?

If you were Pax, would you poss. over spend this year in FA to get the best big men or go upper 2nd tier and save money for next year? Keep in mind Gordon and Deng will be up.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

taurus515th has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What would you do?

If I was Paxson i would first make sure i can land a post-player.

A guy like Collison is someone I have in mind. With Duhon being a free agent next summer i think now is the perfect time to trade him. So i think a Duhon, Khryapa, rights to Gray for Collison will work.

Next I would worry about resigning Nocioni. A lot of people say he might want more but they need to stop putting words in his mouth. They didnt say guys like Barbosa would want more etc.

I would then look to add another tall veteran defensive SG that can also score a guy like Eddie Jones is someone we could get for cheap.

Next, would be to resign Brown. This free agency for big men is terrible other than PJ, Ely is the only other one that I would consider getting if we cant get Collison.

PG-Hinrich/Thabo
SG-Gordon/Jones/Curry
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Thomas/Collison/Brown
C-Wallace/Noah

With this roster we now have more points off the bench than last season our payroll is less than 60 million, we have a post-player, and a guy such as Jones that can come in defend and score.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
lurch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus515th
If I was Paxson i would first make sure i can land a post-player.

A guy like Collison is someone I have in mind. With Duhon being a free agent next summer i think now is the perfect time to trade him. So i think a Duhon, Khryapa, rights to Gray for Collison will work.

Next I would worry about resigning Nocioni. A lot of people say he might want more but they need to stop putting words in his mouth. They didnt say guys like Barbosa would want more etc.

I would then look to add another tall veteran defensive SG that can also score a guy like Eddie Jones is someone we could get for cheap.

Next, would be to resign Brown. This free agency for big men is terrible other than PJ, Ely is the only other one that I would consider getting if we cant get Collison.

PG-Hinrich/Thabo
SG-Gordon/Jones/Curry
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Thomas/Collison/Brown
C-Wallace/Noah

With this roster we now have more points off the bench than last season our payroll is less than 60 million, we have a post-player, and a guy such as Jones that can come in defend and score.

I go with most with what you say, especially about Jones. Im not sure if PJ will want to be back in a bulls uniform next season. And Im not sure about Noah in the 5 spot....hes just not strong enough.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I still say we should go after Pau Gasol (give up Noah and Nocioni for him) and/or Gerald Wallace (since the Bobcats wanted Gordon for him).

Ben Wallace/Gray
Pau Gasol/Thomas
Luol Deng/Sefolosha
Gerald Wallace/JamesOn
Kirk Hinrich/Duhon
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
spin57
I brick open layups

spin57 has an OK reputation so far

I don`t want Gerald Wallace he`s lazy no hussle. like to get G.Hill or E.Jones and J. Maglore but not M. Moore,P.J. would be ok to bring back, really like to see a trade for N.Collison !!!!!!!!!!!
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin57
I don`t want Gerald Wallace he`s lazy no hussle. like to get G.Hill or E.Jones and J. Maglore but not M. Moore,P.J. would be ok to bring back, really like to see a trade for N.Collison !!!!!!!!!!!

Gerald Wallace - lazy? No, Gerald is one of the best defenders in the NBA - lazy is the last thing he is.

If I was Pax I would take a look into getting Wallace, but if we can't get him for Nocioni and Duhon or just Gordon then it isn't worth it. I would look to deal off Nocioni, Duhon, Sweetney, Brown, Allen, Griffin to try to put together a trade to get a good post player, I would love to get a player like Nene who is improving each year and still really young.

Brown, Duhon and 2nd round pick for Nene.
Nocioni and next years first round for Collison.

Maybe look to trade off Sweetney, Allen, Khryapa and Griffin to get a bigger gaurd or small forward. Possibly a guy like Matt Carroll or DeShawn Stevenson - or possibly both of them since together their paychecks equal just over 2 million.

Sweetney and possible 2nd round pick for DeShawn.
Allen, Griffin, and possible 2nd round for Carroll.

Khryapa could be thrown in either one of those as well.

PG: Hinrich/Curry
SG: Gordon/Stevenson
SF: Deng/Carroll
PF: Nene/TT/Noah
C: Wallace/Gray

I think that'd give us a very strong starting lineup. Also every player on the roster would be VERY young except for Wallace. The bench would bring lots of energy in Tyrus and Noah, but would also bring some consistant long range shooting in Carroll and Stevenson.

Last edited by KaptnKirk12 : 07-01-2007 at 08:08 PM.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
lurch67

Matt Carroll is who Id target for FA.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
spin57
I brick open layups

spin57 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Gerald Wallace - lazy? No, Gerald is one of the best defenders in the NBA - lazy is the last thing he is.

If I was Pax I would take a look into getting Wallace, but if we can't get him for Nocioni and Duhon or just Gordon then it isn't worth it. I would look to deal off Nocioni, Duhon, Sweetney, Brown, Allen, Griffin to try to put together a trade to get a good post player, I would love to get a player like Nene who is improving each year and still really young.

Brown, Duhon and 2nd round pick for Nene.
Nocioni and next years first round for Collison.

Maybe look to trade off Sweetney, Allen, Khryapa and Griffin to get a bigger gaurd or small forward. Possibly a guy like Matt Carroll or DeShawn Stevenson - or possibly both of them since together their paychecks equal just over 2 million.

Sweetney and possible 2nd round pick for DeShawn.
Allen, Griffin, and possible 2nd round for Carroll.

Khryapa could be thrown in either one of those as well.

PG: Hinrich/Curry
SG: Gordon/Stevenson
SF: Deng/Carroll
PF: Nene/TT/Noah
C: Wallace/Gray

I think that'd give us a very strong starting lineup. Also every player on the roster would be VERY young except for Wallace. The bench would bring lots of energy in Tyrus and Noah, but would also bring some consistant long range shooting in Carroll and Stevenson.
Lazy!! o ya when things a not going his way on off. he pouts and he doesn`t get back on d. sure he plays hard on def. when everything is going his way but when its not o boy thats why Mike really doesn`t want him and his shot is average at best. Scott and Wallace not a good fit.
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #9
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I still say we should go after Pau Gasol (give up Noah and Nocioni for him) and/or Gerald Wallace (since the Bobcats wanted Gordon for him).

Ben Wallace/Gray
Pau Gasol/Thomas
Luol Deng/Sefolosha
Gerald Wallace/JamesOn
Kirk Hinrich/Duhon

yeah 100% agree with that....would memphis really want noah and nocioni tho?
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin57
Lazy!! o ya when things a not going his way on off. he pouts and he doesn`t get back on d. sure he plays hard on def. when everything is going his way but when its not o boy thats why Mike really doesn`t want him and his shot is average at best. Scott and Wallace not a good fit.

Shot average at best...hmm so 50% from the field is average? I am going to say that's a pretty good shot for him being a defensive player.

If him averaging 2 steals a game and around 6-7 rebounds a game is really being lazy then I really want to see this guy play when he isn't being lazy.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #11
Belizario
I hit open layups

Belizario has an OK reputation so far

DUDE G-Wallace is a good player. He is a good rebounder and brings great defense. A couple of steals and a block a game was his average i believe. He has the ability to get to the hoop which i like.
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:08 AM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
yeah 100% agree with that....would memphis really want noah and nocioni tho?

If not Noah then Thomas. The Grizzlies would be crazy not to make a trade like that.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #13
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

yeah i guess^^^^and about wallace he may be a good defender/rebounder but i'd take gordon over him gordon is injury free and has wayyy tooo much potential for us to let him go.....get gasol and see how the season goes and then if we need a guard change we'll go from there
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
lurch67

This is what my team would look like

C: Wallace/M. Gasol/ Grey
PF: B. Cook/ TT
SF: Deng/ Kryapa/ Griffen
SG: Gordon/ M. Carrol
PG: Hinrich/ Sefoloshia
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Stay away from brian cook. no defense, chucker, low basketball iq, no low post moves
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: