Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Please settle an argument...

Let's not get into a long debate.
Me and my bro tried to argue who'd win a 3 on 3.

Team 1:
Magic
Bird
Wilt

vs.

Team 2:
Jordan
Zeke
Rodman

I won't tell you who my team is. I just want to show my bro up. He thinks ISH doesn't know their shyt.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
kumquat
College superstar

Kind of odd teams. Mismatches galore. Nobody can guard Jordan, Rodman would have a hell of a time against wilt. Isiah too quick for Magic, Magic too big for Isiah. Who guards bird...Jordan?

I'd take my chances on Bird, Magic and Wilt. Make the smaller team score from the outside, every man on the bigger team can post up Jordan, Isiah and Rodman.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Yeah agreed, very odd choice of teams. Wilt, Bird, and Magic would exploit their matchups, while Rodman would be much to big of a liability on offence, and he wouldn't even be that great defensively because Wilt would kill im. Too Big.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

With Bird, Magic, and Wilt, you have 3 of the top 10 (maybe top 15) players who ever played basketball.

With Jordan, Isiah, and Rodman you have the best player to ever play, alongside a top 5 PG, and one of the best rebounders ever.

The first team is just too strong and has a big advantage down low. While team #2 has the big edge in quickness and a slight edge in outside shooting.

In terms of individual matchups, I think it will go like this...
Magic vs. Isiah (best friends and they know each others game. Besides Bird would have shot over Isiah all day long)
Bird vs. Jordan (because Bird can easliy shoot over Isiah, Jordan will have to take Larry Legend. Rodman may have the best chance, but then Jordan would have to guard Wilt. That would take a lot of energy out of MJ.)
Wilt vs. Rodman (Rodman may take away some rebounds from Wilt, but that's about it. Wilt will punish Rodman down low, while Rodman would be imputent on the offensive end.)

The game will probably go like this...Jordans team will take the early lead because of their advantage on the outside (Bird makes it close), but the Magic team will win because of the height advantage and an incredible low post game.

Conclusion, team #1 will more than likely beat team #2 everytime. With team #2 taking 1 out of 5, if they're lucky.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Team 1:
Magic
Bird
Wilt

vs.

Team 2:
Jordan
Zeke
Rodman

I assume we are talking prime and I assume a half court game.

Matchups:

Rodman vs Wilt - For Worm to have any chance, I see this ending in a fight, Wilt continually posting up Dennis and Dennis continually climbing over him. Wilt loses it and takes a swing. Rodman has got in is head and renders Wilt less effective but Wilt wins this anyway you slice it...big time.

Magic vs Isiah - After they do their gay kissing shyt at the start this also turns ugly as both players go to their strengths with Magic backing the shorter Isiah down for the baby hook and Isiah continually beating the Magicman off the dribble. Problem is Wilt is there to erase Isiah's layup because he doesn't really have to guard Rodman's weak offensive game and can sit under the hoop and play helpside D. Magic wins this matchup.

Bird vs Jordan - Jordan gives Bird fits on O and D, but Bird's steady stream of white trash shyt talk and the poor performance of Jordan's teammates eventually wears Black Cat down and he loses his focus ruining his teams only shot of victory. MJ has always hated Isiah and thought of Rodman as a flake so when they don't step up he tries to take over and ultimately his frustration gets the better of him as his undersized teammates can't capitalize the way he is.

Team one wins easily while team two spends most of the second half yelling at each other.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default ....

Score to 11, 1's and 2's, make and take.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default Re: Please settle an argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Team one wins easily while team two spends most of the second half yelling at each other.

in a halfcourt game, wilt holding down the lane would be the difference. mj's moves and zeke's quickness are nullified because of wilt in the middle
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
Vendetta
Banned

I'd take Wilt, Magic & Bird. What a ridiculous thread.

The only way the other team might have a chance is if Rodman was able to **** up Wilt's mind with head games, but still probably not.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Half court game= team with the best big man almost always wins.

I'd take team 1. Wilt would hold down the middle if Isiah got past Magic. MJ would be hard to stop, but if its winner's take once Wilt started scoring, MJ would never get the ball back.

Larry would spread the D and keep Wilt safe from double teams.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
Lax4422Chik1342
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

[quote=hateraid] Zeke ]

Zeke is Jerry West's first nickname before he earned the moniker Mr Clutch and last but not least the Logo. His full nickname is Zeke from Cabin Creek
Lax4422Chik1342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #11
gts
shhhhhhh

Magic, Bird and wilt...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #12
embersyc
Lurker

I'm going with team two just because those three guys are going to do whatever it takes to win. I don't care about matchups or Rodman's inability to play offense(like he is gonna get the ball playing with Zeke and Jordan anyway).
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #13
72-10
ain't baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Matchups:

Rodman vs Wilt - For Worm to have any chance, I see this ending in a fight, Wilt continually posting up Dennis and Dennis continually climbing over him. Wilt loses it and takes a swing. Rodman has got in is head and renders Wilt less effective but Wilt wins this anyway you slice it...big time.

Magic vs Isiah - After they do their gay kissing shyt at the start this also turns ugly as both players go to their strengths with Magic backing the shorter Isiah down for the baby hook and Isiah continually beating the Magicman off the dribble. Problem is Wilt is there to erase Isiah's layup because he doesn't really have to guard Rodman's weak offensive game and can sit under the hoop and play helpside D. Magic wins this matchup.

Bird vs Jordan - Jordan gives Bird fits on O and D, but Bird's steady stream of white trash shyt talk and the poor performance of Jordan's teammates eventually wears Black Cat down and he loses his focus ruining his teams only shot of victory. MJ has always hated Isiah and thought of Rodman as a flake so when they don't step up he tries to take over and ultimately his frustration gets the better of him as his undersized teammates can't capitalize the way he is.

wow this was a good read. Team 1 just has too much dam height... I do think that the 3 second lane rule might give Wilt some trouble, and if it's no handchecking then MJ is going to make everyone look stupid on some plays, but Team 1 easily gets 70% of the boards even with Rodman and MJ flying down the lane.
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #14
Attila
Local High School Star

Team 1:
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Team one wins easily.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: