Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Favorite Raptor of all time

Who are your favorite Raptors players of all time, and what did you love about them?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

JYD - fan favourite, always brought hype to the crowd.
GoRapz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
JYD - fan favourite, always brought hype to the crowd.

him and Alvin...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Favourite Raptor? It's Vince Carter (not a Vince hater). Why? Looking back at the dunk competition...
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Alvin Williams

I was rather young and unenthusiastic, but I still remember his wicked cross over step back 20 footer that always went it.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Here are some of my favourite Raptors of all time, they may not be now though because of their actions with the team.

Vince Carter - He was absolutely amazing while he was here, he put the Toronto Raptors on the NBA map and watching that dunk competition where he lit it up gives me chills. However, I now hate his guts, because he was selfish and put himself above the team, city and fans. I hope he never wins a thing again, but he was absolutely spectacular when he played for us in the beginning.

Alvin Williams - He was all effort and hustle, never was the most talented but he put his heart on the line everytime he took the court. His desire to play should never be questionned as he has battled through the slew of injuries he has endured, however I personally, for the benefit of his team would like him to retire, as one of the fan favourite Raptors of all time.

These are two in particular, the first because he made the Raptors what they are, however I now hate him because of the way he treated the team and its fans. I don't think I'll ever hate Alvin Williams for his desire to continue playing, I feel sorry that for an individual who pushed and tried so hard, that it will just never come for him and he will never be rewarded, a shame really.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

So many Alvin "Boogie" Williams fans- too bad he has been injured for over three years. Sadly enough, he could be waived.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
So many Alvin "Boogie" Williams fans- too bad he has been injured for over three years. Sadly enough, he could be waived.

I am hoping that he will eventually just say his goodbyes and retire with class and dignity. The guy has been an absolute warrior for the team, it's a shame that someone so dedicated to the sport is hit with injuries for the latter portion of his career, he definately didn't deserve it. It must kill him to see people in the NBA who don't have 1/10th the drive or determination that he has.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #9
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

Chris Bosh.

Cause I think he will be the first Raptor to have his number retired. He's talented, humble, a hard worker, and he's committed to being a Raptor for a long time. He loves being in TO and the feeling is mutual.

2nd place is Charlie V.....cause he makes things look easy in offence. Coming into last season, I never expected him to be that good.

Last edited by power works : 06-07-2006 at 12:05 AM.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #10
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

JYD - The guy had no talent, but he worked his has off and hustled every play. Had no fear and is a damn good guy.

Boogie - You look up heart in the dictionary and Alvin Williams face is right there.

Bosh - The kid is talented as hell and is a hella nice guy.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alvin Williams was my favourite Raptor through the early 00's and is probably my fave Raptor of all time.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default easy

Chris Bosh

even if he never gets in the hall of fame, it's his attitude off the court that sets him apart from the rest of the NBA. Easily my favourite Raptor.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

alvin willaims needs to have his number retired
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Captain has an OK reputation so far

FAVORITES

Bosh- for all obvious reasons (....mind you it's the same reasons I liked Carter in his first 3 years here)

damon stoudemire- he really was a treat to watch while he was here

popeye jones - watching him mangle and out rebound rodman was wicked.

....i'm sure i'll get criticized here, but, Hoffa - I realize he stinks, but everytime he gets a shot at playing, I watch his every move (usually in frustration). I wish he would be decent, at least.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #15
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Bosh to date is my favorite player because he is classy and not an a**hole like the rest of the superstars that went through TO. If he says he will do it he will. He's a leader by example and starting to get more vocal and get on people. He is definitely the best the Raps have had till now.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: