Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
kumquat
College superstar

Default Gilbert on fantasy

No doubt if the guy starts playing and he drafts himself, his stats would skyrocket. I also wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't able to draft himself and he was playing an opponent who selected him, he'd deliberately throw up a bad week.
http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_aren...08_01?rss=true
Quote:

Fantasy Basketball Season Approaching
You know, I never play Fantasy Basketball but I always hear a lot about it. The ball boys in every city are like, “Hey Gil. So, how do you feel tonight? Because I have you on my fantasy team …” I’m like, “Yeah … I feel good … What do you win if I do well? Are we splitting it 50-50? If we are then I’ll go out and score 40!” One time a kid was yelling from the stands, “I need you to score two more points! Two more points! Two more points!” So I was like, “OK, here goes your two!” and I let it fly. I just love Fantasy because it brings fun back into sports.
NBA.com has me ranked as the No. 1 fantasy point guard. That’s what I’m talking about. Showing the love. My swagger got me No. 1. It wasn’t my actual basketball skills, it was my swag. Steve Nash’s swag is not like mine. He may throw them dimes, but I throw the one-liner. Nash, Kidd, Chris Paul and Deron Williams round out the top five. That’s a great list to have behind me. Those guys deserve to be back there. That’s nice. Ha.

kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Gilbert on fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
I also wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't able to draft himself and he was playing an opponent who selected him, he'd deliberately throw up a bad week.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: