Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default Rate my Team!

10 team, H2H, standard 8-cat,

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG:Raymond Felton
G:Jason Kidd
SF:Mike Miller
PF:Jermaine ONeal
F:Antawn Jamison
C:Mehmet Okur
Util:Zach Randolph
Util:Monta Ellis

BN:
Chris Kaman
Andres Nocioni
Elton Brand
Tyrus Thomas
Yi Jianlian
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Defo
I brick open layups

Defo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate my Team!

Damn, not bad. I wanted to snap up Brand in my league too, just on the off chance that he comes back early and dominates late in the season, but someone picked him up first.

I like the 3 point guard roster, smart thing to do, gives you some versatility especially since Arenas will still score like a monster if he doesn't fill up the assist column, and you have Kidd/Felton to help in that department.

The only move I'd probably make is to get a pure scoring guard on the bench, since every guard on your roster will be playing PG this year and at this point your bench is made up of 4 forwards and a center - your rotation of forwards & bigs is solid enough that you can afford to give one (maybe Tyrus or Nocioni) up to get at least one SG on the team just to shoot the lights out for you every game.
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

That's an outstanding roster. I love the combination of Arenas, Kidd and Felton.
I'm going to have to disagree with Defo on your need to pick up shooting guard for the bench because you've got three guys that are shooting guard eligible (Felton, Miller and Ellis). They may not light it up, but isn't that what you've got Arenas for? I doubt there are any better alternatives on the waiver or could be had for Nocioni in trade.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yeah my idea was to get a PG with SG eligibility to play SG. That way I could maximize assists. Any 3's I lost from doing this is made up from Miller, Jamison, and Okur.

I think my main weakness is going to be blocks. Thats why I grabbed Brand and Tyrus Thomas late. With Tyrus starting and hopefully getting more minutes, Im hoping he can contribute there. Then when Brand comes back I should be fine.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: