Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Who on the Kings needs to step up the most this season?

ANd if it's more than one guy, rank them in order and explain your views
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who on the Kings needs to step up the most this season?

my first inclination after last season would be to say bibby or miller, but really, they just need to play like themselves and try to stay healthy. i think for the starters, it's whoever is getting the start at PF...it is arguably our weakest spot (brad doesnt have much for backup, but at least he is in the spot) between mikki being out of shape so far, kenny being there basically just for rebounds, and shareef as our only real option for a low post offense (though we will see how his knee affects that).

jwill is having some court problems and may not even wind up being with the team which will be just awful, i think that kid has a lot of potential. that said, the PF players need to step up and make big plays, learn to defend the bigger, more talented players better, etc.

as far as job security, i think Cisco needs to really step his game up...he is a pretty good defender, but offensively he still looks like a rookie. he needs to develop some sort of confidence.

for the 3 players fighting for playing time behind bibby (douby, shakur and greene) i think they will all try to step their game up as much as possible, so saying they need to is unnecessary.

lastly, geoff petrie needs to step up and make some big decisions - like keeping mike or not, resigning artest next year or letting him go, and finding brad a solid backup (unless spencer can come in back from his injury and prove himself.)
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: