Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default I Have A Problem With Bill Cosby.

this is my opinion on bill cosby. personally i think he's a coward, a punk, and a bully. this is y i say this. he goes on white television shows pickin on and talkin bad about poor black people. he goes on this show and talks badly about hip-hop and all that. y doesnt he he go after white corporate america. y doesnt he go after white record labels who tell these artist to talk about these negative things. he have people like FOX NEWS and uncle tom happy niggas agreeing with him.

he thinks he's doing the black community good when picks on them and bully them. its easy to go after the poor black person because they have no voice in america, they cant go on tv and stand up for themselves. so punk ass bill cosby takes advantage of that. how can he go to sleep knowin that he insults and bully his own people. he's nothing but a house negro as far as im concerned.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I Have A Problem With Bill Cosby.

^I used to have that same issue with Cosby... but lately I give him credit. He has stepped up his game from simply standing in front of groups of rich people talking down on poor people (who arent even present and cant defend against his charges) to actually takin his messege to the hood where the people who he talks about live

he's been giving alot better effort to be more of a solution than another person just standing around talking sh*t... Im glad he joined us out here and decided to give a real helpin hand instead of what he was doing
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just wish he'd realize he is a lucky son of a bitch and his experience shouldn't be equated with the average minority.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

He has also been far less hyperbole driven and exxagerative since he's been running with Alvin Proussant. The real numbers of things he wants to talk about are shocking enough. You don't really need the hypotheticals about stealing a biscuit and getting shot, being named Muhammed and can't read, and the God is tired of you and I am too closing remarks.

And you complain about him going on white shows and I understand that complaint, but what show on B.E.T is "smart" enough for him to go on (which is a whole nother problem in itself)? What's he gonna do, go on Rap City? 106 and Park? Only show he could really go on and presumably have the audience he's talking about and the show's demographic be the same is Meet the Faith on Sundays on BET, and even that is going to be more old black people and it comes on during church so that's cut a lot of the potential viewership down again.

Last edited by DatZNasty : 10-26-2007 at 03:39 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I just wish he'd realize he is a lucky son of a ***** and his experience shouldn't be equated with the average minority.

Exactly...

He had alot opportunities others dont get and he still made alot of the mistakes he was trashing others for...The problems with fondling women and his kids names (ennis aint a normal name for a kid) and alot of other things I know about his daughter when she was at spelman...

But now he is talking TO the people instead of talking AT them...

props for that
Old 10-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess that's somewhat better, but I don't give him much props. Giving me a bad message to my face doesn't make it any better than if I see it on TV or read it in the paper.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
this is my opinion on bill cosby. personally i think he's a coward, a punk, and a bully. this is y i say this. he goes on white television shows pickin on and talkin bad about poor black people. he goes on this show and talks badly about hip-hop and all that. y doesnt he he go after white corporate america. y doesnt he go after white record labels who tell these artist to talk about these negative things. he have people like FOX NEWS and uncle tom happy niggas agreeing with him.

he thinks he's doing the black community good when picks on them and bully them. its easy to go after the poor black person because they have no voice in america, they cant go on tv and stand up for themselves. so punk ass bill cosby takes advantage of that. how can he go to sleep knowin that he insults and bully his own people. he's nothing but a house negro as far as im concerned.

"Just eat your pudding and STFU"
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I guess that's somewhat better, but I don't give him much props. Giving me a bad message to my face doesn't make it any better than if I see it on TV or read it in the paper.
Well the thing that the Bill Cosbys and Jason Whitlocks and Juan Williams and Stanley Crouchs, of which there ironically are 100s, say is that nobody else is saying the things they are saying. They act like they're revealing some sort of truth that us black people don't see, or exposing something that's not already common knowledge. Like we're oblivious to the fact we need to be better fathers, do better in school, etc. That's why with some of them, the question arises of their motives. You wonder if they really care, or are they just tapdancing to appeal to a certain audience (Whitlock).
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

For some reason Whitlock doesn't bother me as much. His articles usually talk about the other side of an issue that is pounded to death from the opposite perspective. It's almost refreshing sometimes whether or not I agree with him or he even stands behind his words, which in many cases I don't think he does.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Wizardly Cool

So African Americans have no right to formulate an opinion of their own people and express it freely? I thought this was America.

If a famous white man goes public about how much he is disgraced by the white community, whatever... who cares. When a black man does it... OMG.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Whitlock used to bother me, but now he has become a caricature of what he is trying to be... His articles are getting ricidulous and even laughable...

He recently had the nerve to talk about Muhammad Ali and why he was a hero as compared to a bojangling Larry Johnson and Chad Johnson... Guess what? its Hip hop's fault : I bullsh*t you not....

the thing that makes me laugh is the fact that he dared utter Ali's name... Ali and Jim Brown and those guys would spit on Whitlock if they were in their primes playing and he was writing about them... he is the exact opposite of what those stood for...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

you are right thats whats wrong with sociaty
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Well the thing that the Bill Cosbys and Jason Whitlocks and Juan Williams and Stanley Crouchs, of which there ironically are 100s, say is that nobody else is saying the things they are saying. They act like they're revealing some sort of truth that us black people don't see, or exposing something that's not already common knowledge. Like we're oblivious to the fact we need to be better fathers, do better in school, etc. That's why with some of them, the question arises of their motives. You wonder if they really care, or are they just tapdancing to appeal to a certain audience (Whitlock).

the problem is they think they are doin good for the black community when they insult them. but in reality they are bullying them and kicking them while they are down. one thing about me is that i dont like bullies. once u got racist white kkk corporate america agreeing with these guys then they are doing the black community an injustice. the remarks i make and the things i say in this forum, white kkk corporate america would not agree with the things i got to say, and i like that.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
So African Americans have no right to formulate an opinion of their own people and express it freely? I thought this was America.

black folks have serious issues and we dont need other black people standing around beating us over the head and NOT helping.. the white community is different than the black community... when a white person kills somebody, the whole race doesnt get blamed for it... White People dont have to defend themselves as a race everytime someone white does something...

Black folks are in a different situation....We need EVERYONE to help and Bill Cosby is a guy who should know this... We are moving out of the age where people just get to talk and give opinions but never do anything real behind their talk...Trashing your own people and not lending a hand is not acceptable... (At least not to the people)

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 10-26-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #15
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool

my thing is this. its one thing to criticize black people. its another to bully them, and then go on white corporate tv shows and insult them and bully them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: