Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,811
Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Sleepers

Hey everyone! I've been tooling and retooling my roster for my fantasy league and I was wondering if anyone has any sleepers/players that will help a team that we might be able to grab off the free agent market?

If there are any list them here:

Reggie Evans - Good rebounder and shot blocker ..will be getting alot of minutes in Phi
Rajon Rondo - The only point gaurd on Boston ..Good steals and I think his points and dimes will go up (someone has to pass to the big three)

anymore?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
mswank
High School JV MVP
 
mswank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 558
mswank has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

blatche
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic
 
Enigmatism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 812
Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

simmons in milwaukee back from injury
garcia in sacramento, was ballin at the end of last year
maybe wilkins in seattle if he can get some minutes around durant
tony allen could steal rondo's minutes
daniel gibson in cleveland might turn out ok
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
jamasta01
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11
jamasta01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism
simmons in milwaukee back from injury
garcia in sacramento, was ballin at the end of last year
maybe wilkins in seattle if he can get some minutes around durant
tony allen could steal rondo's minutes
daniel gibson in cleveland might turn out ok

Tony Allen is a shooting guard, bro...probably won't be stealing a lot of PG minutes.

I've got Martell Webster as a nice sleeper...and how about Rashad McCants and Gerald Green?
jamasta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star
 
thejoyofsobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,178
thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamasta01
Tony Allen is a shooting guard, bro...probably won't be stealing a lot of PG minutes.
He's not going to be stealing Rondo's minutes, but Doc Rivers does feel a lot more comfortable with Tony Allen bringing the ball up the court than back up point guard Eddie House. There's even talk of Ray Allen handling point guard duties when Rondo is out.

EDIT:

But to the topic at hand....in addition to ones previously mentioned
A lot of these guys went undrafted and have an opportunity to contribute. Some more than others.

Joel Przybilla
Martell Webster
Ronnie Brewer
Jamal Magloire
Kelenna Azubuike (at least for the first seven games)
Jason Maxiell
Matt Carroll
Yi Jianlian
Juan Carlos Navarro
Kyle Lowry
Craig Smith
Corey Brewer
Gerald Green
Rashad McCants
Antoine Walker
Ike Diogu
Tyrus Thomas
Travis Outlaw
Kenyon Martin
Rafer Alston
Bostjan Nachbar
Sam Cassell
Jeff Green
Acie Law
JR Smith
Linas Kleiza (at least for first 2 games and more if JR Smith screws up again)
Kenny Thomas
Dorrell Wright
Desmond Mason
Orien Green and/or Quincy Douby (while Bibby is out)

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-30-2007 at 01:21 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 376
Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

Corey Brewer...because.....I have a good feeling???

I'm pretty new to fantasy bball so I'm just going with what analysts say and Yahoo Sports Buser said he wished he took Corey Brewer instead of Perkins in the 12th round...

but now I see he's already on your list, but he is my sleeper pick

Last edited by Matt_3333 : 10-30-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA LA LAND
Posts: 770
LakersFO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
He's not going to be stealing Rondo's minutes, but Doc Rivers does feel a lot more comfortable with Tony Allen bringing the ball up the court than back up point guard Eddie House. There's even talk of Ray Allen handling point guard duties when Rondo is out.

EDIT:

But to the topic at hand....in addition to ones previously mentioned
A lot of these guys went undrafted and have an opportunity to contribute. Some more than others.

Joel Przybilla
Martell Webster
Ronnie Brewer
Jamal Magloire
Kelenna Azubuike (at least for the first seven games)
Jason Maxiell
Matt Carroll
Yi Jianlian
Juan Carlos Navarro
Kyle Lowry
Craig Smith
Corey Brewer
Gerald Green
Rashad McCants
Antoine Walker
Ike Diogu
Tyrus Thomas
Travis Outlaw
Kenyon Martin
Rafer Alston
Bostjan Nachbar
Sam Cassell
Jeff Green
Acie Law
JR Smith
Linas Kleiza (at least for first 2 games and more if JR Smith screws up again)
Kenny Thomas
Dorrell Wright
Desmond Mason
Orien Green and/or Quincy Douby (while Bibby is out)


Great list...agree with 95% of the list.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #8
chuckyboy34
High School Starter
 
chuckyboy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 798
chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

the "other" brewer was pretty decent on opening night ;) what do you guys think of telfai's chances now that he's gonna be starting (hoepfully)
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 AM   #9
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA LA LAND
Posts: 770
LakersFO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
the "other" brewer was pretty decent on opening night ;) what do you guys think of telfai's chances now that he's gonna be starting (hoepfully)


No. Telfair is the Stromile Swift of point guards. He always will burn you. And will always still want to pick him up. Don't fall for it.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy