Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
elec99
Can barely lace up my sneakers

elec99 has an OK reputation so far
Default Can't win without a Low Post scorer

Let's face it, Suns can't win until they play D, simply shooting lights out won't do it. AND....no NBA champ won without a low post scorer (unless you have Jordan on your team). Amare is a spot up shooter, or the finisher off a pick and roll, not a back'em down scorer.

As many pure shooters as we have, the fact is, when the going gets tough, when the pressure gets dialed up, shooting eventually dries up. You need to dump it down low to the big man for an easy 2, or at least get the foul. We don't have that. And it's easy to ignore this during the reg season when a great percentage of your jump shots are going in. We need a back'em down player, a block player.
This is why we lost against the Warriors: We tried to play a run and shoot game, which they were better at. And we dedicated so much of our resources against Shaq, that's what a block player can do for you.

Can't AJ turn Diop and Dampier into that? I guess if he could we'd seen it by now, so I'm gonna say no. I see that Dirk is trying to transform his game into a pseudo block player, let's see if that's successful.
But for now, no block player, no championship.
elec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #2
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can't win without a Low Post scorer

Dampier sometimes looks lost when he gets the ball in the paint. Have you seen some of the stupid hook/whatever you call it tosses that he tries to put up.

Diop is the same way. neither of them are very good at getting the ball in the paint, and posting up and scoring. most often they throw up some wild shot that comes nowhere close.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you can have jermaine o'neal for cheap!
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
you can have jermaine o'neal for cheap!

one problem, J.O is not a low post scorer. He settles for jumpshots/fade aways all the time.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

I was hoping Brandon Bass would be that guy
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
I was hoping Brandon Bass would be that guy

i don't think bass has a real refined offensive set. he's not gonna get plays going thru him any time soon. he has good potential though and he's a beast.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: