Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kobes Performance in Game 7 Against Suns

I was just wondering what everyone thought of kobes performance in game 7 of the suns series...3 shots in the second half...he said it was becasue that is what was working for them to win games but dont you think he shouldve turned up the heat and disregarded that when they were getting killed with 6-7 minutes left?...i still to this day dont understand what happened...hes capable of bringing them back single handedly and he chose to not even shoot the ball...his teammates were not making shots and he was still feeding them the ball...just wanna hear opinions on this because i was very dissappointed while watching that 4th quarter
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Well first of all, Phil yanked him long before there were 6-7 minutes left (did he even play any minutes in the 4th quarter?), but with the way the rest of the team was playing there was no way we were going to make a comeback even if Kobe went on one of his offensive tears. The Suns thrive on the up n' down game so it doesn't matter if you score a zillion points against them in a hurry because they'll turn around and score just as quickly. To beat them you have to turn it into a half-court game where both teams are using up lots of shot clock, and to do that you need the all 5 players on the floor playing team defense in order to slow the opposition down - Kwame, Smush, Odom etc. were just completely overwhelmed by the Game 7 atmosphere on the road and were unable to execute the game plan. Kobe scored 50+ points against them once in the series and lit up Raja Bell all season long, but the Lakers lost all of those games, it was all up to Kobe's teammates in that game and they didn't deliver.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
Well first of all, Phil yanked him long before there were 6-7 minutes left (did he even play any minutes in the 4th quarter?), but with the way the rest of the team was playing there was no way we were going to make a comeback even if Kobe went on one of his offensive tears. The Suns thrive on the up n' down game so it doesn't matter if you score a zillion points against them in a hurry because they'll turn around and score just as quickly. To beat them you have to turn it into a half-court game where both teams are using up lots of shot clock, and to do that you need the all 5 players on the floor playing team defense in order to slow the opposition down - Kwame, Smush, Odom etc. were just completely overwhelmed by the Game 7 atmosphere on the road and were unable to execute the game plan. Kobe scored 50+ points against them once in the series and lit up Raja Bell all season long, but the Lakers lost all of those games, it was all up to Kobe's teammates in that game and they didn't deliver.

Yes i do agree that putting up huge numbers isnt going to win but when the clock is ticking and you are down double digit number, then you really dont have time to slow down the clock and play a slow paced game...their only chance was for kobe to have an unbelievable game...they probably wouldnt have even won still but this is the playoffs...you have to do what you have to do..and what kobe had to do was score score score...it was desperation time and i just dont understand why he didnt at least try to shoot like 5 shots in a row when they were down that much and see if he cuold get a run going...maybe if he made a few shots, then they could make a run and chjange the momentum...hes brought them back from deficits by scoring...yes to beat the suns is to slow the pace down and they want you to be shooting a lot but i just think the only chance was for him to explode and i saw nothing but passes to players who were ice cold...im not saying he should have shot evy shot but i am saying is he could have ignited a run in the lakers...he makes a few shots and them momentum swings and they could go back to the team game plan...
Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

All I'ma say is he dropped 50 the previous game and got blew out.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
All I'ma say is he dropped 50 the previous game and got blew out.

They were losing in the game the most important game of the season...all im saying is kobe shouda shot more in the second half...he dont need 50 points...but 3 shots?????
Old 07-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

first of all, it was a blowout by the time the 4th started. also, they doubled and tripled Kobe. he kicked the ball out as he was supposed to do. teammates didn't hit their shots, esp Smush. So...now we have VladRad.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:38 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have never seen anyone in a situation Like Kobe. If he shoots too much hes selfish.

If he doesnt shoot much hes selfish. That is a true sign of kobe haters. I feel for the man I really do.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I have never seen anyone in a situation Like Kobe. If he shoots too much hes selfish.

If he doesnt shoot much hes selfish. That is a true sign of kobe haters. I feel for the man I really do.

If I got paid 20+ mill.$ a year to shoot ball I wouldn't mind being called selfish. I really wouldnt.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Absolutely! He's damned if he does, damned if he does not. I know if I was out there and my team tanked around me like that, I probably would have had a real melt down and beat the (&@*! out of my team mates. At least Kobe tried to distribute the ball and get people going.

There was no way the Lakers were going to win that game with one guy contributing. No way!

The discussion is being fueled by people who don't like Kobe... plain and simple.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
If I got paid 20+ mill.$ a year to shoot ball I wouldn't mind being called selfish. I really wouldnt.

He gets paid around $18 mil.......(I kno its still alotta dough) him being selfish was supposedly one of the reasons a dynasty got destroyed , so I'd be more concsious about what my teammates and coaches thought about my shot attempts this time around if I were Kobe...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

He quit in the second half. Its as simple as that.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
indy
Kids at the park dunk on me

indy has an OK reputation so far

he quit
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #13
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
He gets paid around $18 mil.......(I kno its still alotta dough) him being selfish was supposedly one of the reasons a dynasty got destroyed , so I'd be more concsious about what my teammates and coaches thought about my shot attempts this time around if I were Kobe...

That is his team salary, he gets money from endorsments also... becuse he plays basketball...
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
That is his team salary, he gets money from endorsments also... becuse he plays basketball...

He plays it damn good too. lol
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default ok im gonna put my laker hating aside right now

act like i dont love the suns and hate the lakers, and tell it like it is, kobe scored 50 in the game in the series when raja was suspended first off (thats just for whoever said that he scored 50 in the series and lit up raja all the time)....and for his performance and those who say "he shoots too much-hes selfish, he doesnt shoot enough-hes quitting or selfish" i believe that those are two different extremes because whoever you are there has most certainly been at least a couple times where he has done both....but i believe that hes not "damned if he does, or damned if he doesnt" i believe that kobe can be the best he can be if he went along with what also was the Zenmaster's gameplan was- get everyone involved and then attack when the others are struggling.....cuz i tell ya what when Odom was crushing the suns downlow and then they focused on Lamar (or whoever) and not Kobe, number 8 came in and scored at will....i think that makes a truly great player and LEADER if you can play the best team ball possible and the be able to just take over when they struggle by putting it on your shoulders and ok my turn to take over
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: