Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default WTF?!?!?!??!? Rudy Gay on Griz homepage!

HTML Code:
http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/

Rudy gay just replaced gasol's mug at the grizzlies home page. I hope this doesn't mean that they're going to trade Gasol. Just because he doesn't fit your system doesn't mean you give him away.

Coaches adjust based on the players they have.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: WTF?!?!?!??!? Rudy Gay on Griz homepage!

I noticed that to. Maybe this is a hint that they want Gay to be the 'man' in Memphis and trade Gasol. I hope it's not though because I'll be a mighty p!ssed off Englishmen if Gasol got traded. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything though.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Gasol has been the face of the Grizz for a long time. Didn't the get Gay on trade day for basically Shane Battier?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:40 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Gasol has been the face of the Grizz for a long time. Didn't the get Gay on trade day for basically Shane Battier?
On draft night, Memphis traded Shane Battier to Houston for Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift. Damn good trade for us, looking back on it.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Yeah, that trade worked pretty well for both sides, but I think Houston should have gotten more from the deal despite getting a good role player.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix

No he wasn't the face of the team. Iavaroni went all the way to Spain and got JCN just to convince Gasol to stay and committed to him that this team wanted to win.

Good trade btw for Gay. Battier is an overhyped and overpaid role player. Only shooters should be overpaid role players.

Also, the grizz have been playing great since after they changed Gasol's pic to Gay. I won't jinx that.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
No he wasn't the face of the team. Iavaroni went all the way to Spain and got JCN just to convince Gasol to stay and committed to him that this team wanted to win.

Good trade btw for Gay. Battier is an overhyped and overpaid role player. Only shooters should be overpaid role players.

Also, the grizz have been playing great since after they changed Gasol's pic to Gay. I won't jinx that.
That was also around the time that Conley came back.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
HTML Code:
http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/

Rudy gay just replaced gasol's mug at the grizzlies home page. I hope this doesn't mean that they're going to trade Gasol. Just because he doesn't fit your system doesn't mean you give him away.

Coaches adjust based on the players they have.

Maybe just to shake things up and promote another player, without it meaning anything
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gay is the fan favorite at this point. that's why he's on the home page.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Rudy has beautiful dunks that easily make him a fan favorite. Pretty marketable, and I don't think the homepage thing goes much further than that.

I miss the days when Gasol was among the league leaders in dunks
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Does it seriously matter.Whoever they have on the home page is probably just random.Wasnt conley on there also around draft time?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #12
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Does it seriously matter.Whoever they have on the home page is probably just random.Wasnt conley on there also around draft time?

darko was all over the homepage when he got signed.

i saved the screenshot

that will never get old.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I think its just whoever is hot at the time.Like if miller or conley begins gaining attention I wouldnt be surprised if they pop up on there.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I think its just whoever is hot at the time.Like if miller or conley begins gaining attention I wouldnt be surprised if they pop up on there.
Seems like the most reasonable answer.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: