Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default Josh Childress vs. Marvin Williams.

Personally, I'd take Childress because of his awesome fg%.

He doesn't take many shots, I realize, but if he took more I think he could do the team some good. They're both big bodies and the 2 and 3.

The Hawk's are loaded on 2's and 3's... JJ, J-Smoov, Marvin Williams, and Childress. They lack a solid PG so... maybe a trade? Who knows.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Josh Childress vs. Marvin Williams.

I would go with Williams without hesitation.

I just see Williams as a potential number one option in the NBA. He can shoot the ball, attack the rim, finish in traffic and can get to the line. I think that he can become a very well rounded offensive and I think he may become a 22 ppg scorer in the NBA. I don't know too much about his defense but I haven't heard many bad things about him on that side of the ball. I know that he is a pretty good rebounder for his size, but that is basically the extent of my knowledge about Williams on the other side of the ball.

The thing that makes me like his game so much more then Childress is that he has gotten better every single season in the NBA. Now, Childress has as well but I think that Marvin has the much higher celing. I don't think that Childress will get much better then he is now, but I can see Marvin improving to become a legit number one option eventually. People seem to be really low on him because he was taken second overall but what people fail to remember is that he was a project when drafted. The pick is starting to pay off now and I really think that Marvin wins this hands down.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

i'd take Williams, like you said they are overloaded and Childress is expendable, they makea trade and he will be odd man out.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I would go with Williams without hesitation.

I just see Williams as a potential number one option in the NBA. He can shoot the ball, attack the rim, finish in traffic and can get to the line. I think that he can become a very well rounded offensive and I think he may become a 22 ppg scorer in the NBA. I don't know too much about his defense but I haven't heard many bad things about him on that side of the ball. I know that he is a pretty good rebounder for his size, but that is basically the extent of my knowledge about Williams on the other side of the ball.

The thing that makes me like his game so much more then Childress is that he has gotten better every single season in the NBA. Now, Childress has as well but I think that Marvin has the much higher celing. I don't think that Childress will get much better then he is now, but I can see Marvin improving to become a legit number one option eventually. People seem to be really low on him because he was taken second overall but what people fail to remember is that he was a project when drafted. The pick is starting to pay off now and I really think that Marvin wins this hands down.

I agree. Williams is younger and already puts up better numbers. If you want to look at FG%, Marv shoots very well from the field as well.

We've ranked Williams WAY higher on our Top 25 Under 25 list:

NBA Top 25 Under Age 25
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

I say Marvin Williams. He has really came of age this season. Josh Childress is good and he could start or come off the bench for any team in the league but Marvin Williams is doing his thing this season.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Marvin's shot is amazing me right now, and he's got a lot of athleticism. I'll take him, because he has the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer some day.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #7
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

I'd take Josh two reasons

1. He went to Stanford
2. He has an afro
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
dogman652
Serious playground baller

Before the Hawks had Horford, they weren't looking too good as far as energy goes. And even though i really like Childress, they got the energey from Horford and Williams is a beast at scoring and offense in general. So yeah, i take Williams.
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

I take Childress. He's a more effecient player with a longer range jumpshot. They are about equal when it comes to rebounding and Josh has a little edge when it comes to perimeter defense.

Yes, Williams is 3 years younger... but he's redundant in terms of role if J-Smoove is playing PF. Childress spreads the floor better and does everything else almost as good.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
sdavis1781
Learning to shoot layups

M. Williams i think is better. Childress is good and should always be a solid player but I see Williams has more potential to keep stepping his game up.
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 AM   #11
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

Having watched the Hawks again on Wednesday, I'm certain that Williams will be the better pro. Childress has a frail body type and plays very much in a finesse style. Williams has the potential to add even more muscle to his frame. By the time he's in his prime (2-3 years) he'll be a beast. Plus he's a better creator, defender and rebounder.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: