Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Would you trade Kwame for Chris Wilcox?

Looks like Wilcox has not been getting much PT as of late. I think Sonics are trying to devellop there young players. Wilcox may be expendable for them. Kwames expirng contract may be attractive to them. I think if we got wilcox for kwame, that would be as good as it gets because looks like no one wants him even if he is expiring. Wilcox is an athletic big who is decent. Has shown more promise in past years than kwame has. Would you pull the Trigger?

Fisher
Kobe
Odom
Wilcox
Bynum

Not bad?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Kwame for Chris Wilcox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Looks like Wilcox has not been getting much PT as of late. I think Sonics are trying to devellop there young players. Wilcox may be expendable for them. Kwames expirng contract may be attractive to them. I think if we got wilcox for kwame, that would be as good as it gets because looks like no one wants him even if he is expiring. Wilcox is an athletic big who is decent. Has shown more promise in past years than kwame has. Would you pull the Trigger?

Fisher
Kobe
Odom
Wilcox
Bynum

Not bad?

I like the idea, but we then wouldn't have enough depth in Centers. After Bynum, our only other true center would be Mihm and Mihm is not a 2nd center option I'm afraid. I wouldn't do this I don't think but I do believe Wilcox is a good player and in different circumstances, yeah I'd take him in an instant.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

I doubt this happens.

Let's look at this from Seattle's perspective: Why would ANY team trade a good, up-and-coming young player (like Wilcox) for a disappointment with questionable work ethic and zero hoops IQ? Why trade a known asset for a steaming turd pile?

The last time a team was dumb enough to do that, Caron Butler went to Washington.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would do it. Seattle wouldnt but Wilcox definitely reaches his potential and is a big time forward. Can do it all!

I think he could play center too right?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
I doubt this happens.

Let's look at this from Seattle's perspective: Why would ANY team trade a good, up-and-coming young player (like Wilcox) for a disappointment with questionable work ethic and zero hoops IQ? Why trade a known asset for a steaming turd pile?

The last time a team was dumb enough to do that, Caron Butler went to Washington.

expiring contract. $$$
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
expiring contract. $$$

I would be surprised that this would be enough. Of course I think Wilcox would benefit the Lakers, but if he plays the 4, where does LO play?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
pinoyballer247
I airball my layups

pinoyballer247 has an OK reputation so far

i honestly would do this trade regardless if it would put our center position in question. in my opinion, anyone else would be a major improvement over kwame especially wilcox. but in reality, i know this isn't going to happen.
pinoyballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Wilcox is an up and coming talent.
They could get MUCH better offers for him than Kwame should they choose to move him.
He makes modest money and he's signed through next year.
Come on, get serious.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I would be surprised that this would be enough. Of course I think Wilcox would benefit the Lakers, but if he plays the 4, where does LO play?

on the other team.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Wilcox is an up and coming talent.

Up and coming? Dudes been around for years clips, sonics...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
on the other team.

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
on the other team.

Troublemaker!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I would do it. Seattle wouldnt but Wilcox definitely reaches his potential and is a big time forward. Can do it all!

I think he could play center too right?

Yeah, He can. I would make the deal. Wilcox is a baller. But idk, Kwame is sick. Wilcox is'nt as good and on the ball defending but, yeah he plays center.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
on the other team.

Just when I was starting to agree with you...

Uggggghhhhhh
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Haha! I mentioned a trade for Wilcox a long time ago. Believe me if the Lakers could pull it off they would. To be honest I'd even send Luke and/or JC with Kwame for Wilcox. He can definitely play center (especially as a back-up for Bynum in the future) and is 100X better than Kwame. He's basically Turiaf but bigger and better (at least thus far in his career). Like I've said before he's Turiaf XL.

Anyway, not going to happen. I think or best chance is still to pull Haslem from the Heat for some of our young guys and expiring contracts because their season is totally over. They just lost what their 14th in a row tonight? We have to find a way to get Haslem. It sures us up in the short term (while Bynum's down) and puts us firmly in championship status for the long term.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: