Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default State of the Western Conference

Overall Conference Standings as of Wed. Feb 12th

1 Phoenix 36-15 .706
2 New Orleans 35-15 .700 ()
3 Dallas 34-17 .667 (2)
4 LA Lakers 34-17 .667 (2)
5 San Antonio 33-17 .660 (2 )
6 Utah 33-19 .635 (3 )
7 Denver 32-19 .627 (4)
8 Golden State 31-20 .608 (5)
9 Houston 31-20 .608 (5)

Winning % Against Top West Teams

1 Dallas .667
2 Utah .600
3 LA Lakers .588
4 New Orleans .563
5 San Antonio .467
6 Golden State .462
7 Houston .389
8 Denver .333
9 Phoenix .308

Coming Scedule vs. Other West top 8 Teams

1 Dallas 15 total (9 Road Games)
2 Utah 12 total (5 Road Games)
3 LA Lakers 11 total (6 Road Games)
4 New Orleans 12 total (4 Road Games)
5 San Antonio 14 total (6 Road Games)
6 Golden State 14 total (8 Road Games)
7 Houston 12 total (8 Road Games)
8 Denver 12 total (6 Road Games)
9 Phoenix 15 total (7 Road Games)

Total Games Left

1 Dallas 31 (15 Road Games)
2 Utah 30 (14 Road Games)
3 LA Lakers 31 (14 Road Games
4 New Orleans 32 (16 Road Games)
5 San Antonio 32 (16 Road Games)
6 Golden State 31 (15 Road Games)
7 Houston 31 (14 Road Games)
8 Denver 32 (17 Road Games)
9 Phoenix 31 (15 Road Games)
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: State of the Western Conference

I found this article about "Why the Lakers will win the Pacific"

Enjoy...

http://nocapprohoops.com/2008/02/12/...ific-division/
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i read that earlier.. he makes some great points but does skew his numbers, that what promted me to make this thread... he hs omitted some of the bottom teams off the list for the lakers, but not other teams... the lakers actually play 11 games against the wests playoff teams not 7... but his points are good none the less
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #4
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

So we have the fewest road games and fewest games against western conference playoff teams left?
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

It depends on how Gasol and Bryant will play during the rest of the season through the play offs and when Bynum returns. Lamar, Fisher and the rest of the bench has to play very well also, cut down on the turn overs (which have been big for the Lakers), move the ball well (which they have improved a lot in) and

From what I heard, Gasol hasn't been playing too well because of a recent cold and a bad back, plus the long hard road game the Lakers are enduring right now. Once he's 100 percent and comes back ready to play, I truly think he's going to be like Dirk Nowitzki but with a much better post game and is going to a deciding factor for the Lakers to win soe play off games this year.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #6
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

after the allstar break gasol will be healthy kobe will be healed, and all the other annoyances from other players will be gone, we saw was pau and kobe could do beetn up, now with rest and an easier schdedule lakers will rip it up to start the last 31 games, phx will fall of a bit, and in less then 2 weeks lakers head of pacific mark my words PREDICTION 2 weeks after allstar weekend lakers #1
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I hope and pray that the Lakers win it all this year, BUT if they don't, I want ANY team ..... ANY ...... BESIDES the Suns to win it all. I absolutely HATE that team .... Especially now with Shaq on it ..... DOUBLE-HATRED!!! I would rather the Celtics win the Championships than the Suns....And that says a lot!!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I really think we have a shot at a top 3 seeding, with or without Bynum, at this current state. We get Bynum and Ariza healthy, and you can lock one of those spots in.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: