Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

ESPN (Marc Stein) reports: With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn’t consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
ESPN (Marc Stein) reports: With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn’t consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

They'll just have to throw in another guy right?
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

hahaha
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
netsfan549
Good High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation
Default so no nets deal?

since D.George has a no trade clause
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: so no nets deal?

Nah, Dallas can sub others in. Worst comes to worst, you use Van Horn as a tiny expirer.

It will still get done but it will be tomorrow.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Is this for real?
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Why the hell does he have a no trade clause? NBA should just strike it from his contract and move on.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Wow, they gonna have to buy this dude out so he can go where he wants.

He is always welcome to LA if they'd ship Karl to the D League.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

crazy.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I broke that news first too - right after I heard it on the nets telecast - I deserve a glass of milk and some cookies...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #11
DTD
Good High School Starter

DTD has decent reputationDTD has decent reputation

Lmao
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I thought it was some joke when I heard it. It's not like he's the center piece anyways.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Wow, so a scrub who is nothing more than an expiring contract thrown in to make the salaries match just killed a blockbuster trade.

If I were Cuban, I'd make the trade work without George, then call George into my office, ream his bench warming butt out from here to next Tuesday, and then cut him!

I doubt this kills the trade totally, but man, George is gonna have a bullseye on this back after this stunt!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #14
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTD
Lmao

Huh?

It´s standard procedure, every superstar has a no trade clause. George has three rings.

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #15
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Wow. I George will be popular on the Mavs after this.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: