Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default A possible trade

Knicks were close to ending a deal today with the TrailBlazers. Richardson would have gone to Portland for Darius Miles. Ever since QR left the Suns hes played horrible and has been complaining about his minutes. He might get more minutes on the Blazers than on the Knicks.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

great trade for both teams!!! Q-Rich is gonna be getting liek 20ppg in Portland...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

We dont need Miles, id rather have Richardson.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Yes, i would make the trade, Q for D-miles, right away. This is what I posted to another thread about the same subject...

Quote:
If i should choose between d-miles and q-rich..right now the knicks might need better and more athletic defender like d-miles (and jeffries). Also Miles can play more closer to the basket and can also drive to the basket much better than Q..and knicks have already steady 3 point shooters so they would not need Q. But if i would be Thomas, i would not trade for new players, just try to get the chemistry right, cause the knicks already have young and old talent!
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

give us miles!!
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
dblockcity
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dblockcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
We dont need Miles, id rather have Richardson.

I agree all the way.
dblockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

richardson and marbury dont get along
Old 08-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
ariza

ariza has an OK reputation so far

You guys don't know what your talking about. Miles is a headcase and would not help the chemistry. It would be a terrible deal. Richardson played pretty good defense and hopefully his shot will be there when his role is defined, unlike last year.
ariza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariza
You guys don't know what your talking about. Miles is a headcase and would not help the chemistry. It would be a terrible deal. Richardson played pretty good defense and hopefully his shot will be there when his role is defined, unlike last year.

oh yeah, q rich punchin marbury in the locker room shoes good team chemistry
Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 AM   #10
Starks4/3

Starks4/3 has no real reputation yet.

QRich was unbelievably horrible shooting the ball last year - that's why fine-ass Brandi dumped his ass. Although he did play good D near the end of the season it was, at times, embarassing for all parties involved. And when you add in the fact he doesn't get along with Steph, yeah, dude's gotta go. However, I really have reservations about Darius Miles.

I do think Miles is a better player, no doubt. Miles is very exciting to watch - there's a reason he was as popular as he was at one time. He is athletic as hell, kind of like Marvin Williams as far as that 'next-level' type speed and jumping. He shows flashes of really nice passing and a good shooting stroke.

There's a problem, though: the dude is a nutcase! Ask anyone associated with the Portland Trailblazers how they feel about D-Miles and they will have all kinds of sh*t to say. Even Brian Skinner called him out for being unprofessional! The Blazers are dying to get rid of this guy, so much so they might even buy his a$$ out if we won't take him. Peoples in Portland, from players to coaches to writers, talk about him like he is Satan. There has to be a reason for that.

The problem w/ the Knicks last year wasn't talent - it was chemistry. That's what concerns me about this trade. Imagine coaching Steph, Francis, Nate, Eddy Curry, Jerome James... and D-Miles? Nah, dude.
Starks4/3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Trade QRich for an expiring contract, we dont need Miles! Trade him for Ruben Patterson, i'm sure the Bucks wouldn't mind having QRich.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Bombay
The Sole Controller

Bombay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
richardson and marbury dont get along
Plus Q was tryin to be the teacher's pet with Larry which allianated him from the team
Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Plus Q was tryin to be the teacher's pet with Larry which allianated him from the team

yeah... they whole team went against him because he's the only one supporting Larry Brown... remember... always kiss up to the GM, not the Head Coach...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #14
tgwillie63

tgwillie63 has an OK reputation so far
Default Nothing new....

This trade is not going down...Thomas not smart enough....Oh and anyone who thinks Miles is injury prone is wrong, he was hurt last year but he is 100% now ready to rock and roll for the Blazers! The only reason we were interested in Q is his outside shooting, to help Zach in the middle but hey with Miles scoring 30 plus a night drivin and dunkin works just fine...we will figure it out...while Q sits with Back pains for the Knicks....
tgwillie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: