Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Wtf Bruce Bowen

Anybody see Bowen kick Cp3 twice just now? and then Paul got the offensive foul. What a dirty player.

March 14 update: Bowen has been suspended. The news and reaction to suspension begins in the middle of page 10 of this thread

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-14-2008 at 02:28 PM.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool
Thumbs down Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Smart play by Bowen. He clearly understands the mind of a referee if he was able to get away with an intentional kick.

Since when is playing dirty and without honor worthy of being complimented? I would hope that basketball still had some sort of integrity left to it. Just because he can do it, doesn't make it right.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Wtf Bruce Bowen

Lol I think he was being sarcastic.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Well Chris Paul likes to punch other players in the groin, so he got whats deserved
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Since winning was a priority. I'll admit, I wouldn't want to be in Paul's situation, but there's a reason that San Antonio has won four world titles in the last nine years. Blame the ref for blowing the call, not Bowen for wanting to win.

So by your same logic, its okay to conceal a blackjack in your shorts and crack someone upside the head as long as "you don't get caught."

If you're walking down the street, its cool to mug an old lady as long as the police officer doesn't chase after you???
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
So by your same logic, its okay to conceal a blackjack in your shorts and crack someone upside the head as long as "you don't get caught."

If you're walking down the street, its cool to mug an old lady as long as the police officer doesn't chase after you???

I loled. Bowen is dirty, but it is a talent. It is the way he knows how to shutdown players. If everybody was able to do it, the refs would call it more. I hate it to, but I would love to have a player like him.

He is the Mark Cuban of defence. Everybody hates, but everyone want him
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Bruce is a *****, but hes a smart defender.. hes gonna try to get in ur head.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Bruce is a *****, but hes a smart defender.. hes gonna try to get in ur head.

He failed tonight.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #9
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Apparently if you make Paul mad, he drops 26 and 17 on your head like anvil.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

As a hornets fan I didn't think that was a dirty play they just got tangled up. Bowen gets accused of a lot more because of his rep.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes.

See when i saw you had replied to this thread i KNEW you'd support Bowen. Why? Because you've made it obvious that you're just the type that will always say the opposite of what everyone else says just to try to play up some hardass image. LIke the one who, when everyone else likes a movie you say "i hated it", or when everyone else says something was gross you say "whatever it was cool!"....you're like that kid in middle school who tried to impress everyone by being a "non-conformist"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

ChrisKreager has not been impressing people

And people wonder why I hate the Spurs?

I was HAPPY to see them get blown off the court!

They are a one-and-done team, IMO.

What I saw tonight is an example of dying by the sword. You live by the sword, but when things don't go well, look out below...
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
As a hornets fan I didn't think that was a dirty play they just got tangled up. Bowen gets accused of a lot more because of his rep.
Did you not see Bowen run into Paul and push him over on a transition play and not get called?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #15
kidachi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WXVJQ06Sk
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: