Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Kevin Garnett - trade him or keep him?

Do we keep trying to add pieces around Kevin Garnett in the hopes of riding KG to a championship, or is it time to trade him and start the team over?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

The best chance to trade Garnett came before the trade deadline, when Chicago had Tim Thomas's huge expirer, two very good picks, and young talent. They don't have the expirer anymore, but now just straight up cap room.

If they do trade Garnett, Chicago is the only place that makes sense right now.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

If a trade for good picks + promising young players is available it might be time to take it, KG will be good for a few more trips to the playoffs, but likely not much more unless the front office suddenly develops a brain.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate to say it but I guess you have to trade him, wherever he goes he'll by my favorite of all time.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
If they do trade Garnett, Chicago is the only place that makes sense right now.

not really... Chicago isn't suitable for KG, it's not that KG isn't suitable for Chicago, it's the other way round... it's hard to explain...

KG can go to Cleveland, a team which needs leadership... Big Z + Marshall for KG sounds like a good deal, maybe just a few other players here and there to make both teams perfect...

Rebuilding the T-wolves takes more than just one off-season, they need to constantly get good young talents, then slowly breed them into superstar-drom, like what the Suns did to Boris Diaw... it's a slow process... they made the mistake early this season, trading away Wally Szcerbiak, not re-signing Latrell Sprewell and trading Cassell for Jaric... they were very good with their old line-up, maybe just adding Eddie Griffin into the starters would make the team unstopperble, offensivly and defensively...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
Stealth718
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Stealth718 has decent reputationStealth718 has decent reputation

I say trade him. Chicago or Los Angeles.
Stealth718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
say trade him. Chicago or Los Angeles.

LA Lakers or LA Clippers???!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lakers... may be a good move... may be not... KG + Kobe = Ego Clash or i'm not sure... Cap-room wise... unless Lakers trade Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom away, they have no cap-room... unless they wanna touch Kobe... hard to say... but not gonna happen...

Clippers... impossible.... Brand is not gonna step back, Kaman is beginning to improve, Clippers ain't gonna use their cap-room on KG, unless Brand is traded away, don't sound possible... so not gonna happen either...

Chicago... Not gonna happen too... Chicago doesn't have highly paid players to trade for KG, unless they wanna sacrifice their Cap-room... they won't buy over star players, they breed them!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i would like for No. 1 option is for AI to come to Minny, but thats not realistic.

so i think minny should trade him to either NJ or Chicago.

NJ deal
KG and hudson
for
RJ, kristic, wright, and robinson

that would be sick for jersey
JKidd/Hudson
Vince
FA or draft pick
KG
Collins

but none of that will EVER happen b/c wolves management is the dumbest in ALL of sports
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I say keep him but if we have to trade him:

He cannot go to the Lakers. Probably someone like CHARLOTTE could get him.

Charlotee trades
Wallace
Knight
OKafor

For Garnett.

I don't know
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

wats do you guys think of this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~ 23~13~13~23
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #11
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

wats do you guys think of this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~ 23~13~13~23
Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i dont think that would work, the wolves get way too much frontcourt players, this is a great trade for the lakers though, they would have bibby, kobe, and davis.

kg would get screwed, all he would have is Shareef and ron ron, no capable PG at all. sure the kings would have the best front line with artest at 3, kg at 4 and SAR in the middle, but they wouldnt have anyone to get them the ball.

good trade for lake show though
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

No way the Kinga and Lakers are in the same trade.

Both will fighting for there playoff live VS each other again this yr.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
No way the Kinga and Lakers are in the same trade.

Both will fighting for there playoff live VS each other again this yr.

well the trade makes them both better, so why not?

as for the kings not havin any backcourt players: the could draft a PG, sign a decent one (Bobby Jackson?), and i dont know how many of you guys watch the kings play regularly, but garcia got a lot of time at PG even when bibby was in the game. between a veteran and garcia ( i know he is in the trade, but he cud b takin out and soem1 else used to make salaries match), i think distributing would be handled... artest also took the ball up a lot, but i wudnt support that. kevin martin wud b startin SG--a spot hes already fightin 4.

the wolves get a good amount of talent and youth, they can use as trade bait as they progress...
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

if any1 wants to: go back and adjust the trade (diff players,teams,etc.) and see wat u come up with...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: