Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-26-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Knicks forum.....Haters galore....

I just got off the Knicks board and seeing what they have to offer. Well I find that the whole board over there is basically dissin on the raps and one person even saying that the raps are basically the worst team in the league and the Knicks should not even be compared to the raps just cause of one bad season. I guess the raps have never been a good team accordin to some.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

they think what they believe, we think what we believe. Simple like that, as long as it doesn't get stupid like some people can get, it all comes with being a fan of a certain sports team. Everything we say is just talk, the scores will tell everyone the story of the better team.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I wouldn't take them so seriously, here's a stack of quotables I got from 2 threads in their forum.

Quote:
Knicks = playoff bound

Quote:
Knicks will make playoffs 2007!!! We will suprize the whole league and come together as a team!!! GO KNICKS!!

Quote:
I hope so. Knicks will be much better than 23 wins. But, we will see if they make the playoffs. IMHO, Curry's play will be a big factor either way.

Quote:
Hopefully the Knicks surprise everyone and make it to the second round.

Quote:
you are funny, raptors wont make the playoffs in the next 5 years my man..its a fact

Quote:
we have more talent then the raptors, we have a better coach then the raptors and the knicks are flat out going to gel together and play as a team, whens the last time the raptors made the playoffs

Quote:
1. 40-45 wins

Quote:
45-50 games next year..

Quote:
At LEAST 35 wins, at MOST 55.

Quote:
They will win 43 games.

Quote:
balkman is something the raptors wish they had

Quote:
knicks will make it further then the craptors..is fred jones going to take you somewhere? is this anthony parker dude no one knows about gunna take you somewhere? is bargnani the bust gunna take you somewhere? or wait the funniest one....TJ FORD FOR CHARLIE VILLANUEVA

Quote:
In any event we are not that far apart. I say at least 35 and you say under 30. Only six games difference. LOL

Quote:
But by the way the knicks will win between 45-53 next year.

Quote:
They will break 50 wins next season.

need any more proof?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #4
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

lmao those quotes say it all
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

lol that just proves new yorkers dont know S***

knicks are bogged down by heavy contracts, they have nate rob, Q rich, francis, marbury, crawford who are all trigger happy and who all demand minutes. whereas toronto is mostly euro, and euro plays as a team XD

50 wins my nuts.. i swear, if knicks get 40 wins or above, ill eat my n*tsack with some tabasco sauce.

Last edited by TRapsFan4Lyf : 08-27-2006 at 12:23 AM.
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Yeah I know I was in the Knicks forum, and they were talking about playing the Raptors in the season. They said they'd kill you guys when they play you.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
lol that just proves new yorkers dont know S***

knicks are bogged down by heavy contracts, they have nate rob, Q rich, francis, marbury, crawford who are all trigger happy and who all demand minutes. whereas toronto is mostly euro, and euro plays as a team XD

50 wins my nuts.. i swear, if knicks get 40 wins or above, ill eat my n*tsack with some tabasco sauce.

Dude that last sentence almost made me throw up....But ya, Knick fans are OBVIOUSLY retarted.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:05 AM   #8
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Raptor fans are optomistic and hopeful. Raptors are a 7 - 11 team. Raptor fans hope for 7 seed but understand it might not happen.

Knicks fans are delusional they expect a 3 seed when they are a 11 - 14 seed.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 AM   #9
Fuubs
I airball my layups

Fuubs has an OK reputation so far

i know this is totally off topic of the topic but i didn't wanna make a new one. Why isn't Canada in the WBC???
Fuubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #10
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuubs
i know this is totally off topic of the topic but i didn't wanna make a new one. Why isn't Canada in the WBC???
We didn't qualify. We suck. Nash and Magloire won't play.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

The funniest thing I find though is that the knicks fans, they say that KG is basically a bad player and he is going nowhere, then they have quotes like the raps have made no strides in the playoffs so they can't be compared to the Raps, and last but most importantly, Raptors head coach sucks compared to their's. That must be the single-handedly most funniest thing I have ever heard. BTW, that Tobasco sauce on the nuts thing might not be a good idea, might be another version of gonnorhea...not great...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #12
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I will get ripped on for saying this....but we're not THAT different from hard core fans of other teams. I think a lot of Raps fans are crazy to think playoffs.....I think we're a 9-12 team in the east.

Even our man Steve Nash said that he thinks the Knicks will be above .500 with Isiah coaching and letting them run and play with confidence. You never know how it will play out. I HATE the Knicks, but if Isiah lets them ball, they will win I think a lot of games. They will have NO chance of making any noise in the playoffs, but I don't think they will be as bad as we all hope. Marbury, Francis, Jefferies, Frye, Curry. That is a nice line. Obviously there will be pissed off players not getting mins, but if Isiah just lets them rot, or they are waived they will be ok. They could then have a bench of Crawford, Jalen, Nate, Q in the backcourt and SF, Lee, James, Rose, Taylor up front. They will probably make some trades also.

I hope the Raps destroy them in the standings and on the court. But I think this will be one interesting sub-plot of the upcoming season, how well the Knicks do. Like Nash said, Larry Brown is a teacher and it takes time with him. Isiah is like you or I coaching the Knicks. Just give Marbury the rock and run.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Cool knick fans = dumb... for the most part

Reasons why the knicks will suck:

their best player is stephon marbury... a known cancer, no team has ever done well with him on the roster.

their second best player is steve francis, another known cancer, only time he ever made any noise in this league, and it wasn't much, was when he had Yao on his side... this guy couldn't even get his head together and realize he could be part of something special and grow with Yao... he then did the exact same thing with young dwight howard.

ok, so right there, their two best players are the two biggest reasons why they will suck.

their coach has proven he's an idiot. the last time he coached, he had the reigns of a very talented indiana squad, and couldn't get them out of the first round... pathetic. then they give him control of the Knicks, and he starts off by running them into the ground. i can't give any knick fan respect when they believe that zeke is their saviour after all the damage he's done to that historical franchise.

other reasons but not as major as the ones listed above:
Eddy Curry - consistently out of shape, horrible work ethic, dumb, allergic to defense, horrible rebounder for his size.

Jamal Crawford - another shoot 1st think later player. no defense, undersized, doesn't work hard.

no glue players - other than jared jeffries, the knicks are a bunch of ego's... with no players who are happy doing the dirty work and are more concerned about getting their's. the raptors have guys like Garbajosa, PJ Tucker, Calderon, MoPete. All willing to do the dirty work, and the little things it takes to win on this level.

no team defense - when your team can't work together, they can't play D. i'm not saying the raptors are defensive studs, but when you can work together, and have a system/coach in place for a few seasons your team D is usually better than average... something the knicks won't be able to accomplish this season

too much pressure - the knick players read the papers. they know they have talent and sucked the big one last year. as demanding as the toronto market is, NY is 1000x worse. the fact that the majority of their fans are idiots doesn't help matters much. the entire city is expecting a 20+ win difference from last year and all they've added were balkman, jeffries and zeke. no CHANCE of them coming even close to expectations.

no chris bosh - i'm sorry, toronto lucked out. getting the 3rd or 4th best player in the best draft in the history of the NBA certainly gives us a huge advantage. not only is he a great player, he's a bigman. everyone knows you win with bigmen in this league. unless michael jordan is on your roster, you simply aren't winning a title without having a great bigman on your team. on top of that, bosh isn't an idiot like marbury, he knows the value of team play and embraces his role as a leader on this club.

toronto is just a flat out better TEAM. NY may have the edge in talent... but if you recall the championships of 2004... the Lakers had the most talent (payton, bryant, o'neal, malone) and still got whooped 4-1 vs a much better TEAM. they have a roster of players who believe they are good enough to play significant minutes every game... but there's only so many minutes to go around. NY will once again be the definition of disharmony. i fully expect Zeke to be fired by the allstar break and for the trade demands to start happening about the same time.

Raptors > Knicks

Last edited by DoubleTech : 08-27-2006 at 02:53 PM.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Yeah, every person who likes the Knicks is a stupid New Yorker:rollingeyes: . I don't even live in NY anymore now that summer is over. Get a life, you think we are dumb because we like a team that had a losing season.

Us: We could make playoffs if we play as a team

You: The Knicks have lots of money. And I wanna eat my *******

but new york cant PLAY AS A TEAM, and thats what counts. and u just proved even more that ur so retarded by saying every1 who likes the knicks are stupid new yorkers. im just saying those who bash every other team and say the knicks will get 50 wins are stupid new yorkers. and no, i dont think ur dumb because knicks had a losing season, raps get losing seasons all the time. i just think ur dumb because u think NYC can get 40 wins plus
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

If it came down to it, I personally wouldn't be putting money on the Kincks not getting 40 wins or close to it.

For some reason I feel that if you try and coach the Kincks, you will fail, because the roster is full of idiots with huge egos. That is why Larry Brown didn't do well. Same if you had a Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson coaching them. Again, I could be way off. But, if you put a bad coach, like Isiah Thomas, who doesn't try or expect much, but just lets them run, probably a fairly simple motion offense, they will do well. Come crunch time, ie. in the playoffs or needing to win games down the stretch to get close to the playoffs, they will fail. But during the regular season...you never know. Isiah is a horrible coach and IMO he's perfect for the Knicks.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: