Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default If you were Paxson and Management what would you do?

Personally, i understand the whole patience approach. but i dont see how we can be patient with this current roster. we had too bad a season last year to be satisfied with just improving a little bit. We are the Chicago Bulls and we need to get into the mindset of being a really good team in this league. we cant settle with being decent. This is just my opinion as a die hard fan and im willing to accept any positive or negative opinions about my view.
We drafted Derrick Rose with the #1 overall pick in the nba draft. wether or not we agree if that was the correct choice or not it was the choice that was made and we have to accept it and just look at the good things about it. hes a 19 year old with the potential to be a great point guard (very important position) and excellent leader. if the organization had enough confidence in this kid to use the #1 overall pick on him then we cant keep hinrich on the team. hinrich is paid too much money to be a back up. and i understand the whole not wanting to throw rose to the wolves but a number one pick isnt a bench player you have to expect him to start. so we need to move hinrich which can be moved to pick up a good big something we desperately need. after that we can get a veteran point guard or someone that would accept the role of being a back up to rose. now with the deng and gordon situations i feel as if we need to hold on to atleast deng if not both. i know the criticisms about gordon and i agree, but when it comes down to it the guy can flat out shoot the ball and put points on the board and is a clutch scorer also. i think he's a valuable player off the bench and can play the point a little while rose gets eased in. saying all that if the bulls cant reach a reasonable long term deal with gordon they should trade him because we shouldnt overpay him because the reality is he's a bench player. deng is someone who can start at the sf position for us for a long time. hes young and has shown he can contribute a great deal. i think alot of his struggles last year came along with outside forces such as coaching situation and the team overall suffering more then his personal skills suffering. i think we should be able to reach an agreement with him. with all that being said i just have to get a few more things off my chest. Noah is horrible. we can have him coming off the bench for energy and rebounding but if he starts for us we are in trouble. besides that i dont know how are salary/cap situation is and id like for someone to inform me if they do.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

Default Re: If you were Paxson and Management what would you do?

i would have drafted al thornton instead of noah last year. and this year i would not sign gordon or deng and save some money for amare stoudimare next year.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
dak121
College superstar

If I was Paxson I would resign and save face. It's pretty obvious that Reinsdorf is running the Bulls. Paxson is his puppet.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
rodneykm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I'd trade anyone in any package not named Rose to get an elite PF, if at all possible.
rodneykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

1. Sign Deng to long deal (like 6 years, 63 mil)

2. Sign Gordon to short deal (like 3 years, 28 mil)

3. Explore possible trades for either cap space or an all-star caliber player, not a simple talent swap (Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Noah as main trading assets)

4. Sign a decent back up center if any cap room (anybody that is an upgrade from Gray)

5. Throw Rose in at the starting 1 no matter what the roster is, he's a number 1 pick so he's going to start...

BUT IT'S PAXSON, SO IF 2 OUT OF 3 OF THOSE THINGS GET DONE, I'M UNEXCECTEDLY HAPPY.

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 07-29-2008 at 12:43 AM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

can't be touched! i thank god your not paxson! sign gordon to a short 3 yr deal? what?!? thats no gonna happen he's lookin for a long term major deal in the 50-60 mil range at least... anyways....

if i were paxson i would be doin the same thing he's doin now, he's not panicing and lookin to dish out hinrich for someone not worth hinrichs value, he's not offering what deng and gordon want cuz he knows alot of teams are over the cap right now and wont offer gordon and deng want, he's not buyin into the bs ultimatum deng put on pax/reinsdorf, and hes getting prepared for next years monster FA class, theres no need to pull trades right now, id rather wait till the middle of the season when some of those potential monster FA's threaten to not sign with there teams after the season so instead of letting there player walk without getting anything, theyll at least pull of a trade and get a little something for it, i trust pax, the bulls have been improving every year except lasts year, so he had one bad year... so what! he knows what hes doing, do u think he hired a rookie head coach and drafted derrick rose to win a championship now? hes obviously committed for the future, therefor im committed for the future, everybody take a chill pill and think of the greater GOOD!

:mrburns
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
can't be touched! i thank god your not paxson! sign gordon to a short 3 yr deal? what?!? thats no gonna happen he's lookin for a long term major deal in the 50-60 mil range at least... anyways....

if i were paxson i would be doin the same thing he's doin now, he's not panicing and lookin to dish out hinrich for someone not worth hinrichs value, he's not offering what deng and gordon want cuz he knows alot of teams are over the cap right now and wont offer gordon and deng want, he's not buyin into the bs ultimatum deng put on pax/reinsdorf, and hes getting prepared for next years monster FA class, theres no need to pull trades right now, id rather wait till the middle of the season when some of those potential monster FA's threaten to not sign with there teams after the season so instead of letting there player walk without getting anything, theyll at least pull of a trade and get a little something for it, i trust pax, the bulls have been improving every year except lasts year, so he had one bad year... so what! he knows what hes doing, do u think he hired a rookie head coach and drafted derrick rose to win a championship now? hes obviously committed for the future, therefor im committed for the future, everybody take a chill pill and think of the greater GOOD!

:mrburns

we dont have cap space dumbass and not everyone wants an undersized shooting guard, get rid of him in a s&t for someone decent, cap space, or picks
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Fire John Paxson.

/thread.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

trade all the salary

hinrich, gordon, nocioni & hughes

for

iverson, steven hunter & chucky atkins + 3 1sts and a 10 million dollar trade exemption

the bulls then have close to 40 million come off the cap between these guys and gooden

most salary cap space in league history and loaded with picks and the exemption- and gives you a 1 year replacement for gordons scoring (iverson), a solid pg who can play as little or as much as you need him to (atkins), and the backup c that some of you are asking for (hunter)
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: