Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,206
Default Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

I think Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain, just in case the spanish team wants to get big, with the Gasol brothers. If it's this case, Carmelo would come off the bench, which would be effective since Spain doesnt turn the ball over that much, with Calderon as their point guard.
The starting lineup would be:
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
exaqtion
Serious playground baller
 
exaqtion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hagerstown Md
Posts: 449
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

exaqtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
JazzDoc
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
JazzDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
I think Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain, just in case the spanish team wants to get big, with the Gasol brothers. If it's this case, Carmelo would come off the bench, which would be effective since Spain doesnt turn the ball over that much, with Calderon as their point guard.
The starting lineup would be:
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard

You want to change the lineup but leave Kidd in there? I would think he'd be one of the first changes most people would make, coming in with Paul or Williams.
JazzDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,206
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzDoc
You want to change the lineup but leave Kidd in there? I would think he'd be one of the first changes most people would make, coming in with Paul or Williams.

I'll want an experienced point guard to start, defending calderon, if it doesnt work, then it will be good to come in with Paul or Williams.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
shaoyut
Local High School Star
 
shaoyut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,931
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

only if we had kg and amare...
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:00 AM   #6
aznboy2k2
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 397
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
only if we had kg and amare...

Lineup should be.

PG: Dwyane Wade.
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard

Yes, Dwyane Wade can handle the point duties. I think we've all seen the highlights. He's a great clean passer and can control an offense.

Jason Kidd shouldn't even be on the team.
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #7
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,206
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
Lineup should be.

PG: Dwyane Wade.
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard

Yes, Dwyane Wade can handle the point duties. I think we've all seen the highlights. He's a great clean passer and can control an offense.

Jason Kidd shouldn't even be on the team.

i thought of that at first, but i think Wade is better when he comes off the bench, it confuses the settled defense of the opponent team.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
hawks150
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Obviously...

whats the point of bringing 3 guards if where not going to use them.... now that we have got them we may aswell use them, wade is fine coming off the bench
hawks150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,176
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Unfortunately Coach K won't put Melo on bench so Spain has a chance of stealing this game...
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #10
momo
Value Ape.
 
momo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 4,977
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

I dont think changing the starting lineup is a good idea. You can always sub early if need be, but if it aint broke...
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,497
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
I dont think changing the starting lineup is a good idea. You can always sub early if need be, but if it aint broke...

Agreed..It will mess up all the great chemistry
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
cashmoney294
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Howard and Bosh should start agaisnt Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
Lineup should be.

PG: Dwyane Wade.
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard

Yes, Dwyane Wade can handle the point duties. I think we've all seen the highlights. He's a great clean passer and can control an offense.

Jason Kidd shouldn't even be on the team.
are you kidding? He's just one of the best passers of all time and will go to the hall of fame and you think he shouldn't be on the team.
cashmoney294 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy