View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #64
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Do Only Kobe Fans Use the "Duncan's Team" Argument?

Quote:
What you said was:

"Because Kobe is arguably the most important second option to a championship team ever. Sure, Shaq was the best player, but Kobe filled the role of Jordan when the game was on the line. No other second fiddle has ever done that, so to say that Kobe is equal to McHale and Worthy in terms of importance to those teams is a major slight"

..so, just so I understand your eloquent point, when you say "Because Kobe is arguably the most important second option to a championship team ever." you really mean he had mroe clutch shots than Worthy or McHale. Worthy was the 3rd option.

But you know there was basketball before 1980, Cousy was a 2nd fiddle, West was a second fiddle..and releid on for all the clutch shots. Magic was the 2nd fiddle and he took- or set up - the clutch shots.

There are alot of "2nd fiddles" who made big shots.

KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE

I know he was the MJ - excpet that MJ was the leading scorer and the MVP - Kobe was the 2nd fiddle. Was he the MJ of 2nd fiddles? That I don't know, its a complex question, because I think West probably is, followed by Magic, and probably any 2nd fiddle that ever won a finals-MVP. Then Kobe.

Way to both trivialize everything I said and not understand it. The entire point was that when people put down Kobe by saying he played with Shaq, it's nothing like pointing out that Worthy and McHale don't get bashed for playing with Magic and Bird.

The reason for the is that Bryant played the role of the best player on the team in the closing moments of games. It's not just that he made clutch shots- plenty of second fiddles make clutch shots. It's that when there was a last second shot to be taken for the Lakers, everyone in the building knew who was going to take it.

And it's it's very arguable that Magic was the #1 player on that team, not an aging Kareem. Either way, though, it's irrelevant to what was being discussed. Not that it seems to matter to you- you just took one look at what I wrote, exaggerated it in your mind, took it out of context, and started bashing me for being a Kobe homer, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote