View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #28
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shooting Guard Situation.

Quote:
"The Mormon franchise has left the player's status a
little up in the air for someone who has been useful during the past four seasons, but the team has considered letting him go,'' the paper wrote, according to a translation made for the Tribune.

He voiced concern about being branded a halfhearted defender and worker. In recent weeks, Giricek was described as having an "uneasy relationship" with Sloan.

Giricek sat out nine games with bruised ribs - Jazz owner Larry Miller questioned in a June radio interview whether Giricek "milked" the injury-

O'Connor said not to discount the possibility of the Jazz finishing games this season with forwards Andrei Kirilenko and Matt Harpring on the floor together and without a true shooting guard in the lineup.

First off, hilarious "Mormon franchise" quote from the foreign paper.

Giricek really shows a ton of effort on defense now. When he came in he didn't, now he is very energetic as a defender-likes to try to crowd guys. As far as milking the injury, Sloan mentioned both him and AK had trouble near the end of the season and so did the Jazz until they came back- I think LHM gets too dramatic on those radio interviews and creates team trouble.

Giricek had a great post-all-star-game-season and post-season, one of the best shooters in the league, we will need that range from three without Fisher.

I could go with Harpring/Kirilenko 2,3 as long as we aren't going to get torched by defensive matchups in the last 5 minutes of every game. Some teams that would work great against, others we are toast.

I think in the last few weeks I am converted to see Giricek start, Almond backup, and brewer/miles get what they can. At worst, Giri could play well before the trade deadline...
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote