View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
That assist record is near untouchable. I can't see any active point guard coming anywhere close. Kidd is way to old and only halfway there. Payton no and Nash's prime assist totals not as high as Stockton's.

Which brings me to a point that I don't think gets nearly enough play: Stockton, Kidd, Payton, KJ and even perhaps Terrell Brandon have all had individual seasons better both statistically and winning percentage wise than Nash had on his way to 2 MVP's!
I am very puzzled on this one.

That is he very reason that I believe the NBA should have a 'Player of the Year' award along with the MVP award.
The reason Nash won was due to the nba's definition of MVP... They're looking for the player that has the most effect on his team.
I guess what I mean is: If you take away Steve Nash, Phoenix struggles to make the playoffs.

I think the League should look into creating a Player of the Year award, to be given to the player who puts up the best all around numbers, or have the most memorable performances.

Last year's Player of the year in my mind prolly would have been Kobe(even though I'm not a fan). I watched him put up that 81... amazing.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote