View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Shep
Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Official Team of the 70's

Quote:
while i enjoyed mcginnis and was a big fan, the homer in me also wants to consider spencer haywood in there somewhere. could also put moses malone in at pf
definately a homer on the haywood comment. he was definately third in line for the power forward slot though. moses malone only played 3 years, the minimum for an all-decade team is 4
Quote:
also, oscars best years were in the 60s-- consider pete maravich for the 70s. gervin is a tough one to leave off too
i considered maravich, and i know robertson's best years were in the 60's. but robertson played in 5 very productive years in the 70's, was the second best player on a championship team, one of the best teams ever assembled, was the best shooting guard in '71, second best shooting guard in '70 and '72, and third best shooting guard in '73 and '74. maravich constantly played on losing teams, which is what it basically came down to. maravich was third in line for the shooting guard slot though. gervin: only 3 years
Quote:
Artis Gilmore - 70's stats 9 seasons (5 with ABA, 4 NBA):
it was actually 5 aba and 3 nba, aba doesn't count because it isn't nba and you can't compare what people do in the nba to what they do in the aba. him playing only 3 years in the nba automatically disqualifies him, excepting extreme circumstances
Quote:
David Thompson over Bob Lanier.
again; only 3 years in the nba
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote